Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

looks great Splurge! and man i wish i could join in that Alamo ride.. Turk dont get discouraged..spray painting can be a PIA at times but working on these things youll soon be a master at it. use nice light coats. you could probally just let that dry and wet sand the whole thing to get the runs off and respray. a little more paint on it wont hurt it. be easier than a restrip

What brand of clear coat did you use? Ive noticed that the rustoleum clear is absolute garbage.

The paint job on that bike looks fantastic Splurge!

Sorry to say I used the Rustoleum Clear. It is garbage. Don't use it. The finish comes out very white looking and it runs a lot.

kxazbug... little off topic, but do i see a Nintendo Playchoice cab in the background? I have a few arcades myself. Used to have quite a few, but now am down to a Neo Geo cab, Tempest and Starblade. Have any more?

yes its a Nintendo VS super mario brothers arcade. i have a centigrade 37 pinball and a Rockola jukebox.. no more arcades though. although i still want a Donkey kong an Pac man.

Does anyone know how to wire the buttons for the project box? Each button has 5 prongs on the underside. I thought I had it wired correctly by connecting the 2 prongs on the + side and the 2 prongs on the - side to the respective +/- terminals on a 9 volt battery. The buttons lit up when pushed. But then I noticed that the battery started getting very hot. I interpreted this as a bad sign and disconnected the battery. Any ideas?

Does anyone know how to wire the buttons for the project box? Each button has 5 prongs on the underside. I thought I had it wired correctly by connecting the 2 prongs on the + side and the 2 prongs on the - side to the respective +/- terminals on a 9 volt battery. The buttons lit up when pushed. But then I noticed that the battery started getting very hot. I interpreted this as a bad sign and disconnected the battery. Any ideas?

The two outer prongs are for the LED, use 3V; you can tell which one is the positive as it's marked on the bottom. 9V is too much for the LED, it would need a resistor to bring the voltage down. You might fried the LED though.

heads up if anyone need fenders ebay item 130663975186

Also is you need wald fender struts get them from Niagara cycles through amazon, they're like 3.00 a set.

I have 10mm, 12mm, and I think 14mm at home. Let me take a picture of them all so you can compare. In my opinion the 12mm ended up looking the closest.

From left to right 10mm, 12mm(on black box), and 15mm... The 15mm were listed as 13 but they sent me some extra large ones.

Anyone have the diameter of the front wheel disks?

Found Abe's post saying they are 8". Not sure how I missed that.

Last edited:
The two outer prongs are for the LED, use 3V; you can tell which one is the positive as it's marked on the bottom. 9V is too much for the LED, it would need a resistor to bring the voltage down. You might fried the LED though.

Any idea what size resistor I need to buy to power these with 9v battery? I'm not good with electronics. The specs for these buttons are:

24v AC/DC
Rating: 3A 220V DC
IP Degree: IP40

I'll ask my electronics buddy, there is some simple math to it, just did it for the tiger sirens.
I imagine you want to power both buttons off the 9V and be able to have them both be on or off independently?
I'll see about posting a circuit schematic.

Yeah Splruge 8" is the size, although this might be + or - .25". I have not personally measured one.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back