Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

That's cool guys I was going to find the address. I hadn't had chance to look it up yet. The houses in that are have some high prices. I couldn't imagine the price of that particular one. RBJ, thanks for the locations, but just a drive from LA to Indio, where the Dinosaurs are at, is about one and half hours with no traffic.

Last edited:
I live in Valencia which is 5 minutes from Newhall... I pass bye that location where peewee is hitchhiking and they run into "the LAW" almost daily... Still looks the same... In fact i drove my girlfriend by there a couple weeks back specifically to see it... lol... Kind of fun..

picked these signal-stats up off ebay... They have a different part number on them but are the correct size... Im not sure what the difference is... Perhaps they make several variations depending on which light fixture they go to... I think they would look really cool on the rear fenders of a rat rod... Maybe a T-bucket... Anyway, I cant seem to remove the lenses from the bases... Tried everything short of a hammer... lol...

signalstats.jpg

Ha! I saw those on there!!
Do they have a slight lip to them? In the tube section, those are definately the lenses, I have a couple of NOS yellow ones. Would you mind sharing the part numbers?
These are the ones Dominion repops.

Do you have a definitive list of the tank and handle switches (part numebrs)? Did you get your button box at a marvac electronics type place?

I think I'm just missing... correct gooseneck, tank, all the buttons, correct wheels.
I'm waiting on another tiger horn from Jack.
Then the rest will be building the custom stuff.

BTW if your using a non-welded on kick stand I believe the bolt-on kickstand used in the movie bike is a Greenfield alloy kickstand, you can see it clearly in the scene PW hits the curve in front of the BMX kids then rides off.
I'll post a screen cap later. See attached

Are you guys using 30" steer horn style handlebars?

Last edited:
Yeah, i cant find any differences to the ones on the bike other than the part number. The markings on the lens are SAE Signal-Stat PC 13M... I still cant figure out how to remove the lens from the fixture... They have two cutouts on the sides that look like you could use a flat head screw driver but ive tried and am really afraid of breaking the lens... There must be a way to change the bulbs if they burn out... Im hoping when the amber one comes it will have some instructions... It is still in the box... Crossing fingers...
13msignalstatsaepc.jpg

I dont have the parts numbers for the buttons... I have looked around but havent found the exact ones yet... There is a salvage place that has a ton of old buttons that i havent tried yet... And my project box came from electronics city in Burbank... The first one i bought is a tad too small so i need to go back and get the bigger one...

I pretty much have everything ready to go for the bike... The only parts im missing right now are the correct bell, tank buttons, cables... The smaller items... And yeah, i think the handlbars i have to use are about 29"-30" from tip to tip. I have all the chrome parts sitting on my living room floor... Meant to snap a pic before i left for work... Other than that, i have a lot of fabricating ahead... I already started mocking up the items to fabricate with cardboard just to make sure the scale is right. Then im going to carve them out of foam, bondo and then mold, fiberglass... Forgive the bad photo...

pw1i.jpg

Is that a bicycle bones tank? Did you try loosening it up and pushing it back between the seatpost tube like the movie bike?

I'll take a look at my lenses tonight, where did you order the yellow ones from?
Abe

Yeah, it is... For a repop tank, its very nice. The vents in the front are open and it comes with the correct screws... And, you can slide the tank back further without a problem... I saw an original tank on ebay but, figured i would not ruin it by drilling holes... Collecting all these parts has made me really want to buy another dx and restore it, but my girlfriend said i should probably wait until this one is done... She is right... Too many projects...

I contacted tail light king and he recommended to spray lubricant like wd-40 around the lens because there is a rubber o-ring that locks the lens it into place once you snap it in...

A friend of mine wants to make a sister bike to the Pee Wee bike that would be the "Francis bike". Image a similar but "tougher" version of the pee wee bike. Like an evil twin of bicycles.

A girl version for Dottie would be cool too.

They fit into the sequel that should have been.

Nick

Thats a cool idea... I could totally picture an evil version... Ill have to go back and look to see what kind of bike Dottie was sitting on at the end of the movie... Yeah, I remember being bummed out as a kid that he didnt have his bike in the second movie.

Guys, There are some CMC hoops on ebay but their candy painted and in Australia, I asked about the shipping, I'd have to buy about 3 sets to make it worth it, then would have to get spokes and hubs.
I get that is a last resort.

Last edited:
Man, a black X1 would look awesome, and wouldnt scream peewee...

I saw those hoops on ebay... Does he sell them in 26"? I guess they would have to be stripped of the anodize or whatever the coating is... Sounds like alot of work, but nice to know its there as a last resort...

Anyone know about the headbadge? One bike has a chrome planes and tranes and the other has none... I went through my screen caps and didnt find any part that shows the headbadge at all... This is the only pic where i have seen a headbadge... I plan on going with the planes and trains...

headbadge.jpg

That looks like a decent deal... For a minute i thought they were red, but then read they were amber... Thanks for posting it.

I just purchased a planes and trains badge but, i think youre right... A custom X-1 Badge sounds like a great idea... There is also a guy on the RatRod Forum who makes some awesome custom badges, you just submit the artwork... Maybe we could come up with some ideas...

Badges are not all that hard to make, it is basically acid etching on aluminum or brass, I've done it with great results.
Doc are you having anything casted in aluminum?
Did you order lenses from vehicle safety manufacturing?, I called and got a dealer in Ca only to find out it not around anymore. I guess you have to open an account to buy directly from them.

Did you order the badge from memory lane classics?
Just got one from them too.

Ive done some small acid etching for model cars with a kit i bought off micro-mark a while back... Ive had some good results with it, but never done anything as thick as a headbadge... Might be worth giving it a shot... I dont have anything im having cast in aluminum, what did you have in mind? Im just using the lenses i got off ebay... They are soaking in lubricant now... Hoping to be able to get them apart this weekend... The headbadge i bought was from a seller on ebay... I paid like $35 for it... It looks good, but those from that site look just as good if not better...

Speaking of having parts fabricated, I drew up the skirt guards and got a quote to have them water jet cut... I was actually suprised... Its not too expensive... I dont know if you guys want to go in together and have some made to cut expense or if you have other plans... Ill post the price breakdown after lunch...

skirts.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back