Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Awesome, It'd be great to have it ready by Halloween! I've already shined up the sides on my rims too! I expect the inside to be a massive pain to clean, but the diet soda works great along with that fine steel wool that billy recommended. Also, they are indeed S-7.

DSCN0462.JPGDSCN0465.JPGDSCN0467.JPG

Looks good Dalek, you should contact Coca-cola and advise them to re-market it as a rust remover, and to think people drink that stuff!, isn't it sticky to work with?

Not at all! Coke Zero has no sugar so it doesn't stick. I've used Coca-Cola in cleaning quite a bit in cleaning actually. It'll clean toilets and if you leave on car paint long enough, it'll eat through!

Last edited:
Thanks Brownie! I have my union pedals and crank that came from my blue 1980's Huffy, and it'll be as simple as installing it once it arrives! Interestingly, the guy who sold me my grips just relisted 3 more. Seems to be selling them a few at a time. My next order of business is the tiger siren, and I'll be saving up for that fast.

Hey guys, I was looking around on Ebay earlier for a rechromed stem for a Higgins bike I'm working on & I ran into this: item 251674039220

Not sure if this seller always has these or not, but there are at least 8 sets left. If anyone is going the ultra-shiny route, it may not be a terrible option. Good way to grab a kickstand, seat post, sprocket & crank all in one shot.

Mirrors are all gone, to everyone that got a mirror I hope these help finish your bikes. I'm going to the post office today to get some boxes and will have them out tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the find! Was very cool to find this, these came from a shop in Florida that closed in the 80s.

The really rusty one was a gift from a friend but I added it to the pic. 20141009_191944.jpg

If anyone needs pics on how to swap the reflector out I have pics of every step.

Attachments

• 20141009_152552.jpg
    20141009_152552.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Awesome job man, I got my sprocket yesterday and it's in way better condition than I thought. Cleaned up nicely, and my grips are only about 2 hours from arriving in the mail! Pictures will be posted soon!

Last edited:
I put a small dish into my spinner and now they sit spot on! Gave me a half inch clearance and now they sit against the spokes!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413477454.816581.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413477468.746528.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job Brownie. Looks great. What paint do you plan on using? By the way USPS appears to have screwed up and I have to head to my post office to get my grips. Frustrating...

Thanks Dalek! I haven't got my colors yet but I am going to use R&M automotive paint and glamour clear coat. Make her super shinny!!! On the paint I will probably way over do it! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol when it comes to painting that bike, it's important to be patient, I went too fast on the front fender and had to completely repaint it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back