Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

A little progress! Got the skirts welded and fit... Those things are a pain!!! Also go my button box finished and on!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412867703.441610.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412867868.751667.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412867880.681699.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice progress Browniel. :thumbsup

Abe, I think you know the answer to that, since I just bought a 1940 Dodge truck so I have something to carry my bikes around in. :D

Nice Rudd, now you don't have to look in the mirror more than the road! :lol

Anyways my new parts came in today from frank! Super happy with them!

A vintage taiwan mirror and the metal collar!
DSCN0434.JPGDSCN0435.JPG

Restored Mesinger Seat:
DSCN0438.JPGDSCN0439.JPG

I've actually found that my seat post is too thin for the clamp on the seat, does anyone have any ideas?

Also do 26 x 1.75 rims look right? I found some that are pretty cheap brand new.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm either going to need a new one, or buy a new seat clamp. I'll check on some of my old BMX bikes to see if there's a usable clamp. BUT! I did notice that my post is quite long, so I might just need to cut a bit off the top which for me with my tools, might take a while! :lol

Thanks Ryan & Frank!

I also figured since I had two 26" wheels I'd see how she runs now that I have the seat! It's not permanent, simply a test:

DSCN0446.JPGDSCN0448.JPGDSCN0446.JPGDSCN0447.JPG

I also did place my first spinners on there. The kickstand does feel a bit too short though, even though I got it off a 26"!

Last edited:
Got more on the bike today! I was trying to get it rideable for the Thursday night pub crawl but needs more fit, pedals, and chain. Oh well.... Here's what I got going today!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412896624.113823.jpg

Dalek.... Bike is looking good man!!!

Thanks man! Yours is far ahead in terms of parts, I'm ahead in terms of paint! I'm getting my wheel-set hopefully this weekend or next week. Finding one cheap with a coaster brake is a pain, but the guy who works at a vintage bike shop has tons of stuff. Went last week and I spotted a 70's stingray with $100 price tag, hopefully the wheels are heavy duty as I couldn't get a good look at it.

Last edited:
My gf just informed me that Tina (Alamo worker) in Pee wees big adventure past away today. I always liked the part when she says "well buenos dias"

She was also on SNL for quite a while if I recall as well, sad to hear. I've been to San Antonio quite a bit myself, and that place holds a lot of memories for me, this movie being one of them.

I also would like to ask, is the 46 tooth sprocket, 1/8th chain correct? I'm looking to buy one I found but have no clue what the specs are on it.

Ok guys I got the mirrors today and I must say it was a cool find.
I promised Adam first pick a while back if I ever found one so he's set. Another sold off site and I plan on keeping the rest of the nos in the bags, this leaves two that are nos but not perfect. I will go in order by interest here on the rpf.

Droidboy
Ollin
Skillcrane
Duck butt

If you want the mirror cool if not give the next guy a shot. Message me.

Mirror "B" $86 shipped and mirror "C" $96.20141009_163534.jpg20141009_163559.jpg

Last edited:
dalek, the original Schwinn clover sprocket should be 46 tooth, if you get a higher number rear sprocket on the rear wheel you can make it easier to pull around all the weight. I think i have either a 18 or 19 tooth, yes 1/8 chain it is usually called cruiser bike chain.

btw guys the interior shots of the Alamo were shot at the San Gabriel mission in San Gabriel, Ca.

Thanks Abe! And yeah the interior shown in the film is completely different, but nonetheless it's still an awesome scene! Next time I head down to San Antonio later next year I'll try bringing along my X-1 and hopefully get some cool photos!

I am still trying to figure out what gearing I want on the back wheel. This thing is already getting super heavy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody else have problems with the spinners hitting the front forks? I was thinking of a couple things to do but thought I would see what everyone's thoughts were.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412947039.110668.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody else have problems with the spinners hitting the front forks? I was thinking of a couple things to do but thought I would see what everyone's thoughts were.

View attachment 387579

I haven't had that problem on mine, but if you add a washer or two on the axle before you put the forks on, it should spread the forks a little bit and maybe prevent rubbing. Alternately, can you bend or hammer the disk slightly to make it concave?

Also, RIP Jan Hooks!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back