Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I'm glad I had the opportunity and resources to be able to fix it up and replace the vast number of parts that were missing. I tried very hard to stay true to the construction methods of the other bikes to have it look just like it should. I'm pretty proud of the end results. Hopefully this will make the museum a destination for Pee-wee fans for years to come.

The bike should probably be gone through mechanically before anyone rides it again. It's a bit scary :(

Yeah, did you take a video of yourself popping a Pee-wee wheelie on it?, and are you going to hook 'em up with a correct tiger siren now?

No wheelies :). That bike could hardly handle a regular ride.

I'll probably switch them out sirens at some point, but I'm not sure when.

20140806_090647.jpg
Here's what I have been working on in my spare time, I will polish them today when I get home.

your badges look great Turbo, I did fill in the horn button hole on mine, but I tend to over do everything, I think I have OCD, and Yes, Ruddigger is right, the badges are glued and screwed, look at the picture I just posted of the Ohio bike tank, that yellow crusty stuff around the badge is adhesive and you can see the screw hole in the front with chrome tape covering it.

20140806_090710.jpg20140806_090727.jpg
Hey Billy yes I saw that pic and that's actually why I asked if anyone filled that hole in. Seems like if you want to use the right side screw hole you would have to fill in the hole so the badge can be in the same spot. I think I will fill in the horn button hole on mine tomorrow.

Getting the curve right so it sits on the tank right was challenging aluminum was flying everywhere!
Haha

"Check out the big brain on Brett", I mean Frank, that's right, I made mine the same on both sides and the badge doesn't quite cover the hole, and it is very difficult to get them to set on the tank so they look right, especially since you're grinding them out of those slabs of aluminum, I thought I was the only one that liked doing it the hard way!, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Could be there are lurkers out there using the information in this thread but not contributing. I cant believe anybody could get all those parts without this thread.

It's a pretty high price for just parts. I know some parts are a little difficult to gather, but I've managed to get all my parts and more for way under 2500

Glad to hear you're still working on your bike Andy. I knew you were really wanting to get your bike done, so I was hoping it wasn't yours.

A little more progress on the siren. I'm really happy with how the face plate and stickers turned out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407509901.790328.jpg

I did decide to go ahead and re sculpt some of the things on the tiger. I'll post pick of that soon.

You're selling your bike Andy ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back