Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

If DX's were more rare than they are I would agree. It's still tough to tear into a survivor like that though, mine was a poorly "restored" bike, so I didnt feel bad. Lol.

Finished the left side saddlebag last night, and tonight I put it in silicone. Once I'm able to get more layup clay I can mold the top lid and start laying fiberglass. The end is in sight.

Bobby: That's a good point, I haven't messaged the dealer yet. It's already a beautiful bike. But for me this dx of the only ones I've found that could start me out. I live in Texas so shipping charges may vary. But you have a really good point, and it may be better. I'm going to consider Abe's link to the 2 frames as well since $145 is a great price for a frame. Just need to think.

Rudd: Hope you finish that saddlebag soon, it's nice to see someone reaching the end of their build. :)

I also have to ask. Does Abe sell tiger sirens? If so how much? I've searched like hell through tons of websites and have had no luck. I can't even find the alternate heads. Like I said in an earlier post I'm taking the mic and circuit boards from one of those kid's super sirens that are like microphones as it essentially the same. I got mine for only $20 bucks off Walmart.com and it'll be here soon. If you want the link I can gladly post it. One last thing, does anyone have hd pictures/scans of the mickey bell? Thanks

Bobby: That's a good point, I haven't messaged the dealer yet. It's already a beautiful bike. But for me this dx of the only ones I've found that could start me out. I live in Texas so shipping charges may vary. But you have a really good point, and it may be better. I'm going to consider Abe's link to the 2 frames as well since $145 is a great price for a frame. Just need to think.

Rudd: Hope you finish that saddlebag soon, it's nice to see someone reaching the end of their build. :)

I also have to ask. Does Abe sell tiger sirens? If so how much? I've searched like hell through tons of websites and have had no luck. I can't even find the alternate heads. Like I said in an earlier post I'm taking the mic and circuit boards from one of those kid's super sirens that are like microphones as it essentially the same. I got mine for only $20 bucks off Walmart.com and it'll be here soon. If you want the link I can gladly post it. One last thing, does anyone have hd pictures/scans of the mickey bell? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

There is an original Tiger Siren I JUST found:
RARE Vintage Pee Wee Herman Tiger Super Siren Bike Horn 3 Sounds | eBay

Last edited:
He sold one for 100 to some lucky schmo!) , then sold another for about 250, then a couple more for about 450. So there is a finite value or number of offers. The guy finds old toy warehouses and gets old toys near Greece. Being that the original was from Italy, it makes sense he would eventually come across a carton of them. The main thing that ruined the pricing is a blogger post old ebay prices, which he quotes in his ad. Even them the tiger needs sculpting and you still need to add the microphone handle.

Not selling tiger at this time for a couple reasons.

More dx bikes in the cabe classifieds. Look unde djshakes. Hes got like two for 300 each

I didnt notice but there were 8 dx's in that posting, and that was including shipping prices. There were only like 4 postwar though.

btw my advice to you only hard to find parts, wait it out and it will come, build the basic bike with trimmings and save up or keep an eye open for the hard parts. Eventually they show up.

Actually my parents have suggested that. Sometimes I stop looking for things and they pop up later. It really just is a matter of time as you said. I'm about halfway to getting the money for the 1947 DX I posted. If it doesn't sell out by the time I have the money it may be mine for the taking, but looking on websites I see the DX Frames don't cost too much, so I may start there if it's easier. After all many parts are available new or almost new on plenty of websites so yeah I'm going to wait quite a bit. Thanks Abe I appreciate the advice! I'm applying for a my first job soon so I can get my own income.

UPDATE: My Super Siren arrived today! It's a pretty fun thing to mess around with! Can't wait to get the Tiger Mold!

DSCN0220.JPGDSCN0223.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone have a spare 3 speed shifter or the property of pee wee herman brass plate for sale?

Also looking for the siren and delta light.

Thanks

The shifters pop up pretty often on eBay, the Pee-wee plate can be made up by a trophy shop. Delta lights have been a real hassle lately, especially the Super rocket ray version. But with persistence, you'll find em. I wish I had extras for you.

Last edited:
I can measure mine, but I dont know how accurate it is. It was made by another member here. I think the screen used ones were thicker brass though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back