Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I ended up going with a color called passion red, although the color I matched up when I was with the bike was called Crimson Red Hybrid. I ended up switching companies, hence the color change.

I'll have to check & see if my powdercoater has passion red as an available color. Unfortunately new colors that he doesn't carry are an extra $150, since he buys in bulk, so I'm hoping it is in stock. Otherwise, I really dig the Signal Red I saw. It is more of a true red (ie: less orange), but still looks great.

Oh yeah. Of course I still have to build them so that is a way off. Everything on the bike that is metal will be powder coated. My next step is to make the rear wheel skirts. Then it's on to the bags.

Hey guys. More help please. Looking at getting the spray nozzles that go on the bottom of the saddlebags. Does anybody know where to source them? I thought I saw something posted in this blog. Otherwise I will create them. Thanks in advance! I got my bike together and took it to a bike shop for some alignment help and a more sturdy kickstand. Here is a semi good shot. Pee Wee Outside.jpgpee wee at bike store.jpg

There were two different nozzles used for the different bikes. One was a wide spray nozzle for the "water" bike and one had a straight spray nozzle for the "oil" bike used in the long shots. I haven't found anything off the shelf in my searches.

Hey guys. More help please. Looking at getting the spray nozzles that go on the bottom of the saddlebags. Does anybody know where to source them? I thought I saw something posted in this blog. Otherwise I will create them. Thanks in advance! I got my bike together and took it to a bike shop for some alignment help and a more sturdy kickstand. Here is a semi good shot.

I didnt get any yet but i think the oil nozzles are brass flat spray nozzles, you can check a hardware store or here, where i'll get mine. McMaster-Carr
this one, but you have to figure out fitting to. The pump your using. McMaster-Carr

look for a high pressure 12v windshield washer pump, route the lines and connect them to an adapter fittting.

the smoke out the amber lens is also found here. But remember you risk breaking your lens installing it, also you have to find a micro smoke machine, there about 300 bucks

btw guys i have about 50 ft of white plastic chain in one of the saddles. It fills it up about half way, it weighs about 15lbs. The full roll i got was too heavy.
the chain in the movies was spray painted plastic chain.

Last edited:
Just ordered two. Thanks for the info. They give out 24 gallons per minute so I am sure it would be a nightmare to use windshield pumps for them since the flow is so different. This movie shot most likely had some big pumps hooked up off camera to put out this much water. I got the 3/4" Npt Male,24 Gpm @ 40 Psi,135 Deg Angle ones so they are big and noticeable.

Has anybody thought about putting a fat spring on the seat post to simulate the eject feature. (looks only)

If I were to do the water sprays on the rear, I'd have to build trap doors that hide the valves, then slide open and bring the valves down. I mean it's gotta be legit right?

Been working on my louder horn. The Yoder Good Horns on end are actually the smaller size, there is a catalog shot for a medium size plastic one. I have yet to find an actual one so this got printed. I added a sound chip.
There is quickie video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al9JpuaoNKQ&feature=youtu.be

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey Abe, do you know the size (minus the squeeze part) of the accurate horns? I have 2 that I believe are correct, but now I'm wondering if this is the case. There was one on Ebay a couple weeks ago that was listed as a tricycle horn, & it was a different size than mine, but plastic as opposed to metal. Wonder if that was the correct one?

In the movie they probably got the sound effect from a semi truck or train. I had a 3' long horn from a semi and it sounds pretty close.
The emergency boat air horns are really loud but higher pitched.
I was thinking it would be cool if you could use those co2 cartridges from bb guns and conceal it in the box somehow. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back