Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

No, I bought the fenders off Amazon this time around. Saved a few bucks, but in hindsight I would have just bought the same repos again on Ebay that I picked up for my X1 build. They are deeper like the correct fenders, had the duckbill only on the front like the real bikes, & had the closer to correct Wald-style braces. May still end up buying another set for this build before I'm done. It would be nice to have both bikes match in that sense.

Has anyone made a template for skirts or have a company making them?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm good at autocad. If someone wants to make a tracing, I can make a pdf template for people to print out..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Can somebody help me out with the chrome tape for my saddle bags. I was going to cut out that fiberglass area and have it vacuum metalized but I thought I would find some chrome tape and do it more like in the movie. The plastic chrome tape I am finding will not adhere to the compound curves. Does anybody know of some tape that will work better. I understand that every ridge will get its own strip of tape.

Thanks in advance!!

I'm just wondering, as I'm starting to make a replica, and I remembered I had some chrome tape about an inch wide and so I was wondering how it is used on the saddlebags? I'm not sure if the chromed area is supposed to be curved and raised or just flat.

I've tried several types of chrome tape, in my experience if u use chrome tape from autozone cutting it into 2mm strips, u get a really good result , it's time consuming but u get no wrinkles using suck small strips, u must use a fast drying clear coat of some kind as soon as y ou finish or it will wrinkle over time, and by time I mean 24 hrs, I promise the end result if done correctly looks awsome! U can't tell its little strips

2mm strips. Ok this is interesting. Thanks for sharing your tip! I am gambling that most paints will suck even with a glass like perfection free surface to paint on. I ran across some foil called Flite-Metal that looks interesting. Has anybody tried this on your saddle bags? Any other tips on doing the chrome on the bags. For reference my bags look like this photo attached. masking the bags.jpg

I don't have bags yet, so I don't know about the chroms tape on them, but I havent had any problems with the extra wide chrome tape I got from Autozone. Everything is still sticking really well.

Ok guys. Thanks for the tips. My saddle bags are from mzcannon aka Cannfab. I got them raw, primed without hardware. I installed two last night with some l brackets. I can post photos of you would like to see my build. Going for movie accuracy with 5% more bling. BTW. Does anybody know how to post a profile pic. I searched and searched and cannot figure it out.

Last edited:
Hey Cracker, you can find him on Ebay. He's the guy selling the fender skirts as well.

He also posts on the board from time to time, but I'm not sure if his username is public, so the easiest way to get in touch with him would be through Ebay for now. Real nice guy, & he responds quickly when you send him a message. I'm going to be picking up a set from him in the near future as well.

======================================

Joe,

Definitely post build pics when you get the chance. We love to see builds here.

I bought a set of his bags , before I used chrome tape I tried killer chrome from alas corp. thus is what is looked like

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 112
Dmarks....can you provide some overall dimensions on the bags? I'm curious how they compare to the screen used bike.

Thanks,

Gregg

Those bags look great. Fabricating bags was definitely those most challenging part of the build for me. My basement was littered with plywood, expanding foam, fiberglass resin and bondo during the process. I nearly threw in the towel at one point.

Thanks for having our back Jack, only those of us that Made our own stuff can appreciate all the hard work that goes into it, and I know exactly what you mean about getting discouraged and wanting to give up, my dad, brother, and I made those bags for us and some other members on this forum and everyone was very pleased with the finished product, in reference to Droidboys' question, I would love to know what "screen correct" is?, does anyone know exactly what that is?, because there is the hero bike, the bike with opening bags with 100 feet of chain, the oil slick bags, the jet booster bags the ones that did not open?, there were different ones and they were not all the same, we get so carried away with "screen correctness" we loose sight of the big picture, don't let a project build turn you into Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back