New Scratch Built Proton pack and gun.

DDevil192

Here is my new pack and gun, I finished for Megacon this year, the con is in Orlando Florida. Made from Balsa, Bass, and some MDF. Took about a month to complete.

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

DSCN0407.jpg

DSCN0408.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0409.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

Griff

NICE! i admire ANYONE that can scratch-build a proton pack and have it turn out so accurate.

your weathering is very similar to mine. what weathering techniques did you use? i need to get off my rump and post pics of mine...

NICE! i admire ANYONE that can scratch-build a proton pack and have it turn out so accurate.

your weathering is very similar to mine. what weathering techniques did you use? i need to get off my rump and post pics of mine...

LOL yes get off your rump, I love seeing different proton packs :) As for the weathering Ive seen alot of people using Fuller's Earth, but didn't get any myself, so first I brushed on some aluminum testers paint for the scuffs, scratches and what not, then took some pastels I have, gray, white, and burnt sienna (for the rust) and just drew on the pack where i wanted the dust or rust..then smudged it around and if i over did it somewhere or put i where i didnt want it I took a damp rag and just wiped it off, and thats pretty much how i got what you all see, thanks for he compliments, and its greatly appreciated!
Griff

I agree. Very nicely done! The weathering is also great...looks like it came out of an archive or something.

Makes me want to get off my butt and build my pack!

Sean

Incredible job, i've never gotten around to working on a pack, I know how much hard work they are, but I've built a wand before and that was tough, your pack is a thing of beauty!!!

That's one bashed up beauty there Griff!!! Lovin' that ribbon cable!!!

Nice lookin' trap too!!! Wished you had made it up to NYCC!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back