Building a studio scale pod car

Because my canopy landing is only 2mm thick on the top, I had to cut a piece to go underneath both landings.This 3mm piece will add the correct thickness when the small troughs are cut out around the canopy.....ahhh eerrr I hope for this anyway.:lol

To get the oval like shape underneath the landing, I just laid in some tape and cut the shape out. I then transfered the tape template to styrene and cut it out, some CA glue did the rest.

Regards,
Michael

Ok I figured just take the canopy landing, pop it down on top of the top hull trace around it, squeeze some glue.....DONE...NOT so fast!:lol:thumbsdown.You know I glued that thing donw and it was still on wrong, even with the pencil line I traced around landing!!:lol

So time to drill down through the landing into the top hull, place some nails underneath and try again....this worked better!

Sorry i got a few of the pics out of order, but you guys can figure it out!:thumbsup You will notice the pilot does not fit with the canopy into the landing area.From a rough estimate the tub I have to scratch will have to be around 54 mm in depth!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back