Forbidden Planet Rifle

Lost in Trek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I picked up one of the Forbidden Planet Rifles offered by Nicksdad in the JY recently. Really nice kit, main body is metal, grips cast in resin from an original. I've wanted one of these ever since I saw FP as a kid. All in all I think it turned out great.

FPsale005.jpg

FPsale002.jpg

FPsale003.jpg

Thanks to Nicksdad for the great kit!

and of course thanks to Wackchimp for pic hosting!

Last edited:
Beautiful:thumbsup Brings back alot of fond memories. I think I'll pop that movie in tonight:D Congrats on a fine peeice from a fine film.

That rifle does look nice! :cool

My rifle was built by Jphn Rigg, and isn't quite as accurate. Still i do like it. (and neither mine nor the one above have the correct amber tip...). The pistol is by Coyle.

fprifleandpistolij3.jpg

fpriflelitol2.jpg

That piece looks incredible, one of my fav's I wish I had the cash to pick one of his kits up, and your pistol looks great phase pistol!!!

Those look great!
Did you paint the resin plug that goes in between the two clear, fluted parts?

Nice job on that. I hadn't seen Richard Coyle's pistol before either, it looks great too!

I always wonder what happened to the 'Tractor' seen in the film. I know the C-57D ended up, both the set and the model, being reused over and over again in TV...but what happned to that vehicle?

Apparently Robby was forced into being Anne Francis' personal assistant for awhile, before he went crazy and killed those guys. :eek

forbiddenplanetpressphoqf2.jpg

forbiddenplanetpressphock1.jpg

forbiddenplanetpressphofr8.jpg

forbiddenplanetpressphovi7.jpg

forbiddenplanetpressphoth9.jpg

fpspeeder1pk8.jpg

forbiddenplanetpressphokt4.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back