Studio Scale AT-ST kit part/greeblie castings

JPolacchi

Sr Member
I'm apprehensively starting this thread with the full anticipation that some folks in here may not like it.So,I'm sort of expecting a full on A^$@!#%^&*? ripping as I have seen it before in RPF's earlier days.Bascally, what I have here is a bit of a dilema.

I'm in the midst of purchasing the excellent AT-ST armature.A member in here was gracious enough to sell one of his and work out a great arrangment.

So,here it is;I'm getting this armature that requires the additional purchase or somewhere between 30 different kits (or more),some of which are extremely difficult to find and some which have doubled or more in price since I have seen them a few years back on E-Bay.

My original idea was to combine the use of Steve Nielson's S.S AT-ST kit and the armature(namely the head,guns,feet etc,etc) to complete the S.S armature into its finished form.I've been told that this is not possible(can't remember who?) because the armature was A) made/designed for a full scratch build and the kit parts won't work.For whatever reasons I again don't remember,they just aren't compatable.

The truely difficult parts is the kits. Financially speaking finding the kits and purchasing them would take forever.Some of the kits I don't even think I could afford,and much of it due to the bidding wars on E-Bay.I also(realisticaly),don't have the storage space for them.There is no room for 30+kits in my room/house and I know that my roommate wouldn't be cool with me storring kits in the other closets reserved for other things.

So,what I'm asking/proposing is if there is anyone out there who either has,can or would be willing to cast high quality parts (preferibly bubble free and not warped too bad)needed to detail the legs,and chassie of the S.S AT-ST armature,main and secondairy guns(maybe?)?I don't have room for the kits and the financial strain of acquiring them is a bit more than my walllet can bear at this time.

I know this is asking for quite a bit.I in now way am intending or meaning to step on the toes of you who have gone all out on this S.S minature and have done the fabulous work of identifying all the parts needed. You are way more tallented than myself,I am really not good at i.ding kit parts.

I really want to put this thing together,but I don't want to take a decade doing so or going broke doing it.Resin castings I can affored, most of the kits I cannot. Any ideas,feedback and/or assitance will be as always greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Re: Studio Scale AT-ST kit p[art/greeblie castings

I can send you a bunch - and I need to reply to your PM!!

i want an armature!
i want an armature!

** goes back to corner and weeps some more for not getting one in the first place **

anybody else want to sell any extra ones?

not to hijack the thread.

but i'm trying to piece together this beast too.
and if i'm not able to get one of the famed armatures here i will be figuring it out on my own.
so in short, i'm collecting all/most of these kits too, and when the day comes and i'm wanting to finally work on this guy, i'd be happy to make casts of my pieces. i do have the gear to make vacuum'd rtv and pressure cast resin. like you said. some of the kits are way the f'k up there, so i may scratch (to the best of my ability) some of the more expensive ones.

keep me in your notebook...i may be bribed to go ahead and start casting some pieces if i see that you are really needing my help. but currently i'm planning for a wedding and trying to buy/sell houses so it may take some serious persuading.

Last edited:

I'd be more than happy to pay someone for castings for the more rare/expensive bits as well (inside/outsides of legs,312b rings etc). No time for modelling unfortunately but I definitely want to to an ESB someday too--up to about 30 or so kits in the closet thus far!

I have castings of the 312B parts, the Titan parts, the Vosper leg detail, the Bandai hatch detail, and maybe some of the 1/20th Brabham part (but that mold decayed quickly so it's missing some detail).

Saint G cast those C-600 parts, and the Steyr cab bottom... I will ask him if he still has the molds in a handy place.

Hi Jason, add me to the list if you would. :)

Just to make sure -- Italeri makes a 1/24 and a 1/35th Steyr, is the 1/35th with the green paint scheme on the box the right donor? The part looks almost identical on both sprues, just wanted to confirm.

I'd take the 312b bits, Chevy Titan caps, Bandai hatch and the Napa/Hertz C-600 parts if possible. Already have the Perkasa and the BT46.. slowly getting there. :) Let me know how much you'd want for them!

I have castings of the 312B parts, the Titan parts, the Vosper leg detail, the Bandai hatch detail, and maybe some of the 1/20th Brabham part (but that mold decayed quickly so it's missing some detail).

Saint G cast those C-600 parts, and the Steyr cab bottom... I will ask him if he still has the molds in a handy place.

The Italeri Steyr just donates the one part, so if you want a casting, it might be cheaper! You want the 1/35th. This is incomplete data, but it's what I had handy at my fingertips... I'm getting back into my build in between paintwork for something else (as time permits), so it's slow, but al least its movement!

I'll update this tomorrow with new pics - parts are drying.

http://www.roboterkampf.com/html/props/esbatstbuild.htm

That looks pretty close to the one I compiled, the Marder 1a2 should be in there too (base for the left blaster assembly)

Gotta get some sleep.. I'll send a pm tomorrow!

The Italeri Steyr just donates the one part, so if you want a casting, it might be cheaper! You want the 1/35th. This is incomplete data, but it's what I had handy at my fingertips... I'm getting back into my build in between paintwork for something else (as time permits), so it's slow, but al least its movement!

I'll update this tomorrow with new pics - parts are drying.

http://www.roboterkampf.com/html/props/esbatstbuild.htm

Jason is right. I do have some parts already cast. Just get with Jason for a list of what you all need.
George

isn't it safe to assume the testors steyr IS the italeri steyr
and what of the aurora one?
for something so hidden as that guy, i think i could do with a knock off, personally.

Testors yes, Aurora maybe?

Yeah - it's part of the "dark territory" underside of the head area... no one's ever gonna see most of it!

head"
isn't it safe to assume the testors steyr IS the italeri steyr
and what of the aurora one?
for something so hidden as that guy, i think i could do with a knock off, personally.

I think i got the BT46 plate and the vosper parts still kicking around that J did, i didnt use any resin on my build, so i can send those out if you need them John!

lee

Many thanks guys for your help&understanding.Any/all cast parts needed for the AT-ST will be much needed/appreciated and I'm more than happy to pay for your troubles,even if you have to pour a new RTV mold.I pretty much need every part there is to detail the legs/feet and chassie.I can probably purchse some of the smaller kits,but most of them I probably can't afford or have the storage space for.I'l be needing the P34 racing tires for the neck grommet for sure,and paying $200-$250 for that kit will absoloutely kill me.I've not seen it any cheaper on E-Bay than in the $200 range.They use to go for $100-$150.I am going to attempt to bash the Nielson kit in with the armature,mainly the head,main cannon and side guns.I may use the feet too,but I think that new feet might need to be made?

Greetings!

I would definitely be in for a casting of the Steyr part!

-David

Cheapest one I see right now is on Ebay at $106 shipped from Japan. The completed listings have several that sold for around $70 with shipping included. Try some different search terms (1/12 p34 ... tamiya 1/12 six wheeler ) maybe something will turn up a bit cheaper. The prices have definitely risen though! Once in a while I'll steal a kit from ebay.co.uk or eBay Singapore.

Also -- Add the 1/12 Tamiya Lotus MKIII to the list, it donate parts on the top of the feet (can be used for the Cosworth pieces and the tranny parts on the back of the head as well).

I think that brings the ESB to around 42 kits? Pretty hard on the wallet, to say the least!

Many thanks guys for your help&understanding.Any/all cast parts needed for the AT-ST will be much needed/appreciated and I'm more than happy to pay for your troubles,even if you have to pour a new RTV mold.I pretty much need every part there is to detail the legs/feet and chassie.I can probably purchse some of the smaller kits,but most of them I probably can't afford or have the storage space for.I'l be needing the P34 racing tires for the neck grommet for sure,and paying $200-$250 for that kit will absoloutely kill me.I've not seen it any cheaper on E-Bay than in the $200 range.They use to go for $100-$150.I am going to attempt to bash the Nielson kit in with the armature,mainly the head,main cannon and side guns.I may use the feet too,but I think that new feet might need to be made?

Last edited:

Yeah, it's a monster... I have STACKS in the basement...

So if you guys can hold off until November (lol, I know, right?) I can score "cheap" kits in Japan, and schlep 'em back. Saves a ton - I got Karls and Leopolds for an average of $11 a pop, and I got most of my 1/12th scale cars for $65-80.

http://www.roboterkampf.com/html/jason/0803.htm

Scroll down a little - I threw clothes away to make room for kits, haha.

Cheapest one I see right now is on Ebay at $106 shipped from Japan. The completed listings have several that sold for around $70 with shipping included. Try some different search terms (1/12 p34 ... tamiya 1/12 six wheeler ) maybe something will turn up a bit cheaper. The prices have definitely risen though! Once in a while I'll steal a kit from ebay.co.uk or eBay Singapore.

Also -- Add the 1/12 Tamiya Lotus MKIII to the list, it donate parts on the top of the feet (can be used for the Cosworth pieces and the tranny parts on the back of the head as well).

I think that brings the ESB to around 42 kits? Pretty hard on the wallet, to say the least!

You need in Tamiya 1/12 alone, 2 Ferarri 312b's, a 312t, a Lotus MkIII, Tyrrell P34 and the BT44b Brabham, just buying a Lotus alone for DFV parts, wont turn up all you need im afraid!
I have all of these and more now, but then im addicted to buying them.

I actually think its more than 42 Matt....at least on my count!

lee

i'm checking my list thus far..
i'm at 34 different kits...
with 7 copies of the 34... = 41 kits..

this does not include the following questions:

tamiya m42 duster. is that a donator? somehow i have that in my list but can't remember why

tamiya churchill mkVII. is that a donator? its got lots of similarities to the croc'....but the pieces i know...the chin, inside leg, and fenders...do all of those belong to the croc?

pm sent to you bookman.

thanx guys.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back