Star Destroyer Avenger part ID help please

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hey guys,

I would like to know from which kits those parts (in green) come from ?

facia2.jpg

The part in the middle is an IJN aircraft carrier deck but which one ?

Thanks for your help !

The middle part is from a 1:700 Shinano (early version) by Tamiya.
For the other parts, try these kits.

Prince of Wales
USS Hornet
Rodney
Junyo Aircraft Carrier

Tim

The middle part is from a 1:700 Shinano (early version) by Tamiya.
For the other parts, try these kits.

Prince of Wales
USS Hornet
Rodney
Junyo Aircraft Carrier

Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the info, so I need to find a vintage Shinano kit which is almost impossible lol

I have the 3 other kits and while they are used on the bridge and neck, they are not the green parts :(

I dont have pics of the vintage Shinano sprues but the green parts on the top could be from this kit, just a guess though, if someone has any pics to confirm...

Thanks for the help Tim.

Hi mate, i have the vintage shinano kit and i can confirm that the 3 lower green parts are definately from this kit. Center green part as Tim stated from kit this kit also. Does this mean an 8 footer is on the bench Julian?.
Stu

Hi mate, i have the vintage shinano kit and i can confirm that the 3 lower green parts are definately from this kit. Center green part as Tim stated from kit this kit also. Does this mean an 8 footer is on the bench Julian?.
Stu

Hey Stu, thanks for the confirmation !

Are the 3 lower parts included in the kit or I need 2 kits ?
Do you know a place where I can get an old Shinano ? I was already looking for one for my Bomber but Ive had no success !

That would be cool if you could take some pics of the back deck and of those three parts (and off all sprues if you could :D) !

To answer your question, yeah it could mean that... :D

At least the neck and bridge ;) Actually I'm just ID'ing parts and collecting kits right now, I have 2 projects (Sebulba's pod and AT-ST) to finish first then I'll jump on this one ! Hopefully in 2 month or so :D

Here you go mate!. I think you need two kits possibly more as the back plate in particular is in numerous places around the model. Main hull is just the same as the yamato i believe.
Let me know if you need more shots?
Stu

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Stu !

That's definitivly the good one ;)

And you're right it looks like I need a couple to achieve the bridge argh :wacko

How different is the vintage Shinano compared to the current one? I'm going to be needing one for my Devastator. If it's just slight details I can live with that, but if it's radically different I'll need to keep my eyes peeled.

Jeff!

As far as I know, it has radically difference...
and you need two kits

How different is the vintage Shinano compared to the current one? I'm going to be needing one for my Devastator. If it's just slight details I can live with that, but if it's radically different I'll need to keep my eyes peeled.

Oh well. I'll probably scratch build some of the parts then. That's what I'm doing with some of the 1/24 Panther G parts.

Hey guys,

Could ID something from those pics of the bridge sides ?

I know the croc parts, the Lang parts and the tiny Rodney parts :

portside1.jpg

portside2.jpg

portside3.jpg

Same here I know the 2 croc parts, the 2 lang parts but what is this big armor shield ? And this bridge half ?

Thanks for the help !

If you mean those armor shields on the back and on the opposite side, they are from the Tamiya Möbelwagen. Parts of the M5A2 are on the side too. Also looking for the "bridge half"like ship-parts on the side.

I'm planing too to build the bridge of the avenger for quite a while now...:thumbsup

Dont you mean Tamiya M5A1? I see it behind the Churchill part for sure!

May as well whack some neck shots up Julien and work down :lol I know youll need a couple of Tyrrell P34's along with some other Ford F1's

lee

Same here I know the 2 croc parts, the 2 lang parts but what is this big armor shield ? And this bridge half ?

Thanks for the help !

Oops I forget the last pic, I was meaning the opposite side !

starboardside.jpg

Thanks for the help guys !

I bought a Mobelwagen even if I'm not sure of which part is used (I'm hoping you were not meaning the same parts as the Lang :lol)

Yeah bro I'll post pics of the neck later, but I would like to find the parts of the bridge first ! :D

Last edited:
Ok Ive colored in red what we know and in blue the biggest parts to find (biggest would mean the easiest lol but I'm not sure in this case :p)

But basically all that are not colored is to find :D

portside4.jpg

starboardside2.jpg

Back of the bridge !

backhead2.jpg

Same here red is what we know and blue what's I'm looking for ! :)

The turret is obviously a WWII German turret and it's not from the Scharnhorst.

What is the large part on the top ? Thanks for your help !

Oops made a mistake, meant was of course the M5A1, not a fictive M5A2 :cool

MonsieurTox, the Möbelwagen is the right kit for the big armor on the side that you colored in purple , i have that kit.

One question: why do you think the turrets are not of the Scharnhorst kit? I think they indeed are the right ones, maybe a litle sanded on bottom ?

Thanks Chrome for the info !

Do I need 2 mobelwagen kits ?

You're right on the turrets they are indeed from the Scharnhorst ! Yeah probably sanded at the bottom :)

I think the big plate on which sit the turret is a side armor skirt from a WWII german tank, the Panzer III is not a good call though :(

Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated !

Gladly!

I'm hot for infos on this too, but unlikely that I will start to build before end of this summer or even a litle later.

I don't have alot of pix of the underside and actually no top views of the bridge, so for the moment it seems to me that one Möbelwagen is enough.

The side skirt idea is good! Maybe a Stug IV or so...I'll have a look for this.

Btw: I've took some measurements (very roughly) and I got 41cm for the with of the bridge.
A lot of surface that needs to be detailed...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back