Licensed Batman Related Leather Goods. Batman Arkham Knight, REVEAL 10/03

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
Licensed Batman Related Leather Goods. BatGirl Teaser Added 5/16

Hello Folks. :)

As the title says, I'm in negotiations with WB Canada to create, manufacture, distribute and market Batman and maybe even Superman leather related garments and I'd like some input from you all on the different kinds of ideas we've put out there.:)

At this point I've been given the OK to publicly gather info and opinions on such a possible product line, so...having said that...

What would you think if really high end quality leather goods were Licensed and made available to you all?

What IF for example a DKR leather jacket were made off of the current costume design..and made for everyday use? Picture something like that for an everyday jacket to wow people in, or to ride around on your motorcycle...interesting no? A little unusual sure but no one has ever done anything like this before...so in all seriousness, what if?

What about leather jackets that were more than just a 'leather jacket' with a bat logo on the back or sleeve? What IF something more detailed...almost costume like were made available to you the collectors?

Jackets..pants, accessories....all part of the Batman world and all ideal for everyday use or possibly even a great custom costume for yourselves. Without getting into too many specifics regarding what exactly we'd be doing...how does this sound to you all? Does it peak your interest and get you wanting more?

How about something 1989 Batman related seeing as 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of what started it all? Again, what IF??

I'd like your thoughts on something like this. Again, I'm in negotiations with WB Canada for products such as these and they've given me the OK to discuss it openly. It's important to them as well as myself to know what the public feels about something like this before the 'big wheel' starts rolling on it all. :)

Never mind the how, what and where to buy at this stage of the game. How do the products sound?

Fortunately our leather making abilities are not in question here...it's a matter of 'what' will the market and it's collectors gravitate towards?...that is the question here. I'm less interested in the plain leather jacket with a bat logo on the sleeve per say, then say a cool 'costume looking-like garment', made as a wearable everyday jacket...and subsequent different versions based on the different artwork made available to us at that point.

An example of what we can do with leather can be seen in our Mutant Jacket...

front2.jpg

armpit.jpg

Again, this is just an example...but what IF this kind of attention to detail, quality and 'out of the box' thinking was made available in Licensed Batman and Superman Leather goods?

Anything from standard movie replica leather items to full on custom leather jackets...what do you think?

Personally I find it to be an exciting product line but what about you guys?
Superman related items as well. The option for both is on the table.

Looking for thoughts from you folks as potential buyers....does any of this stuff seem interesting from a collectors stand point?

Thanks in advance,

David

Last edited:
Re: Possible Licensed Batman Related Leather Goods

You put CE approve body armour into that and make it safe for use on bikes and I mean as safe as commercially available high end leathers like Dainese or Alpinestars and you will not be able to keep these on shelves my friend!

You put CE approve body armour into that and make it safe for use on bikes and I mean as safe as commercially available high end leathers like Dainese or Alpinestars and you will not be able to keep these on shelves my friend!

I was just thinking the same thing.

Thanks for saying so. :) Oh and I used to produce racing suits for both the heavy hitters you mentioned....but that was a long time ago and literally in a galaxy far far away....

:)

David

That jacket is amazing, but I would like see it with a collar, like the Wolverine jacket.

Dude post this on Brotherhood of the Bat and you won't be able to keep these in stock! do you plan on doing riders gloves as well? :love

Yup, I have a thread going on the Botb already. :) Interesting things are happening, we'll see how this all plays out.
As for gloves and that sort of thing, I dont know how 'accessories' may or may not fit into the mix. Again, we'll see how this all place out.

In the meantime I wanted to add if anyone is interested, the the Mutant Jacket is in the Junkyard for Pre-Order.:)

More to come on this front.........

David

Great ideas, that batman jacket is Awesome. I think the only real problem is one typical of high-end collectible (fan based appeal items) sales - pricing yourself out of the core audience. Not that there are not some fans of comics & movies that have money to spend on 700 dollar leather jackets (or MR studio scale ships) but I think the cost will eliminate many of the very folks it will appeal to. I don't know any way around that, it is just the only factor I see in limited sales of something really nice like this.:thumbsup

I think those would be great as riding jackets. All depends on how they would end up looking.

Just a side question here, what gloves are you wearing in that pic?

Without giving anything away, I just want to say that 'very soon' there will be an official announcement made publicly on this subject.

Regardless of what this announcement will be, both Dave and I wish to thank you all for the support shown.

Rimma:)

This is so awesome Dave - so happy for you !! Finally a license and quality we all know as outstanding and durable.

Congrats man , a long time coming and so well deserved.

I cannot justify spending a load of money for a street jacket however I only buy the very best (and expensive) motorcycle gear so I think a TDK ce approved jacket and pants would totally justifyable as long as it stands up to my alpinestars

Thanks Got Maul but it's a little premature to celebrate. :) An announcement will be made in January....and as much as I hate announcing that an 'announcement' is pending.....that's all I wish to give away for now.
:)

Fettster,
I completely agree with you and wish to add that I used to manufacture leather racing suits (full and 2 piece) for Axo, Dainese and Alpinestars. Some of that technology would be applied to what we're proposing here as well. The plan is for certain items that would be CE approved, while others would be straight 'movie replicas'....

David

well very best of luck with you getting this off the ground david. sounds great

Great jacket!
Excited to see what comes of this!

Question:
Are you only thinking high end?
Any thoughts on 1/4 scale or smaller items for desktops?

*ss*

Great jacket!
Excited to see what comes of this!

Question:
Are you only thinking high end?
Any thoughts on 1/4 scale or smaller items for desktops?

*ss*

Thank you Super Serg. :)

Question 1)
While there are several groups of garments each aimed at different markets, Dave approached the higher end product line to be visually screen accurate but instead of black rubber for the armor...it's all molded leather. They're really quite innovative and stunning to look at. If the goal is to wear them, or display them...Dave has been working hard to ensure that both possibilities for the end user are realized.
That in mind, the movie costumes and outerwear replica garments themselves would make up the higher end product line, but there will be fun and creative spin offs for the more economical and commercial clientele.
Accessories like replica boots and gloves are also pending.

Question 2)
Unfortunately no. The license we're negotiating is only for 1:1 scale replica garments to be made available in different sizes...but not 1/4 scale...however you'd be surprised at how many requests we get like that. :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Rimma:ninja

Re: Licensed Batman Related Leather Goods. Updated 12/19

I spotted a certain (MR. YR) in a Fangoria advert in the latest issue :D

Rock on

Re: Licensed Batman Related Leather Goods. Updated 12/19

I'm really looking forward to what this develops into, I'll also heading towards a more real life usable riding jacket...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back