sliders timer prop

Idk if this helps but I do know how to make the face plates and I have the right color red acrylic which I may say was not easy to get nor was it cheap but I do have 5 sheets of it I would like a timer that you wouldn't have to use so many wires like a printed circuit board with the micro controller and so on but as I said I do know how to make the face plate for the Egyptian timer I even posted a picture of what I made up on here I made the hole case still trying to get a winged scarab that will fit the ones I have found are either too big or too small but I have the pattern for the metal piece that the scarab goes on and I have the pattern for the face plate which I may say was not easy to perfect I went through a sheet of red acrylic trying to get it right but I finally was able to make a good one if any of this sounds good please get back to me my email is xavengingangelx@gmail.com I'm not sure if you saw my timer case up on here but if you go to this link

sliders Egyptian timer - Google Search

you will see it there it's the 5th picture to the right and again in the 2nd set of pictures which is the 3rd picture but that is what I made hope to hear back from someone soon.

BlckBane (Tom)

I'm inspired by some old stories over on GBFans about the community getting together to establish a lot of fan resources for other builders. In fact, the reason I started with a GB costume was because it was so well documented. Star Wars is also well documented, but I don't have a sewing machine.

Basically, I just want to get a bunch of people who are interested in putting together some timers. I'm a big fan of "open source", so I think such a group should openly present what it's doing.

I'm thinking that if we get a couple of people involved we can hit the ground running. A few things I've identified that need to be done are these:
-Someone who can program an IC
-Someone who can put together a circuit diagram (possible the same person)
-Someone who can work on large pieces (like the front plate of the Egyptian, and the display and emitter block for the Original). Basically, someone with a small shop, tools, etc.
-Someone who can work on small parts (perhaps resin casting what is hard to get) like the Original dial, emitters, buttons, etc.

I'd wouldn't mind taking a crack at the smaller parts (I have some leads already, and some basic sculpting skils). I'm also curious about chip programming, although my knowledge is at zero right now. I'm doing this all out of my apartment right now, so large parts are generally out of the question.

What do you think? You in? Should we make a post looking for circuit people? any other ideas for who can help?

i can make all the small plastic parts. i'd really like one or three of these

Last edited:
I've been trying to learn some PIC programming (one working project) but this one is still way beyond me. I'm not even sure why some functions of my one working project actually work. Very annoying. I'm just not a programmer and I've always hated assembler.

pretty sure everyone has seen but i build electronics for the timers and i have a how to guide completed on how to make them all on a separate thread here and on my website in my signature. enjoy! :D

Hey TheDarkOtaku, seems you did a great accomplishment by finally doing something no one suceeded to do in a long time : Getting electronics for the Timer. Congrats for all the hard work !
I've been on your site, you do not mention how much would cost a kit; Could you give us a rough idea please ? :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back