Fate of the Galileo shuttlecraft full size.

Would someone really demolish it in the day of ebay? It's now that you can't meet anyone who doesn't think they have something worth a million bucks.

Sad indeed.

I hope it survived but not looking good.

How is it that someone could track down the Camaro from "Better Off Dead" and restore that, and Trekdom fails so miserably at this? over and over!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Just made a call and sure enough - the current owners of the land had the area cleared by the guy who WAS on the spot last spring/summer. I'll have a followup call tomorrow to see if I can find more info on the previous owner.

This is propably the last shot of the Gal we'll ever see...

rip-gal.jpg
http://www.bttfparts.com/webstuff/rip-gal.jpg

-Gary

Just made a call and sure enough - the current owners of the land had the area cleared by the guy who WAS on the spot last spring/summer. I'll have a followup call tomorrow to see if I can find more info on the previous owner.

This is propably the last shot of the Gal we'll ever see...

rip-gal.jpg

-Gary

It looks as if it was finally wrapped in some kind of tarp.

Very sad. But it's not my first encounter with the Galileo.

Back in 1980 or so I placed an ad in Starlog soliciting a single dollar from Star Trek fans to buy the Galileo from the first guy who owned it. I collected $5000.

I made an appointment to see it. It looked like this.

http://idisk.mac.com/micdavis/Public/shuttlecraft/default.html

Made him an offer. $5000 cash. I had even made arrangement to refurb it and put it on display at the San Diego Aerospace Museum. I knew the Director persoanlly.

No deal. Later he sold it for a reported $1800.

Fast forward to 2007. I am on the phone negotiating the sale of a Kirk Chair to a a woman in LA. After we come to terms, I mention.

"We'll you must be a big Trek fan, do you have any other stuf?f"

She says. "I used to own the original Galileo Shuttlecraft"

I said. "Did you buy it from Roger Heisman?"

SHE says, "I used to BE Roger Heisman."

My somewhat stunned reponse, "Oh, then we've met."

Very sad about the Galileo. Hopefully it, just got moved. Hard to believe in the days of Profiles and eBay, someone would be that stupid.

Very sad. But it's not my first encounter with the Galileo.

Back in 1980 or so I placed an ad in Starlog soliciting a single dollar from Star Trek fans to buy the Galileo from the first guy who owned it. I collected $5000.

I made an appointment to see it. It looked like this.

http://idisk.mac.com/micdavis/Public/shuttlecraft/default.html

Made him an offer. $5000 cash. I had even made arrangement to refurb it and put it on display at the San Diego Aerospace Museum. I knew the Director persoanlly.

No deal. Later he sold it for a reported $1800.

Fast forward to 2007. I am on the phone negotiating the sale of a Kirk Chair to a a woman in LA. After we come to terms, I mention.

Very sad about the Galileo. Hopefully it, just got moved. Hard to believe in the days of Profiles and eBay, someone would be that stupid.

Sex change shuttlecraft owners.

Think I have heard it all now.

At the very least, perhaps the guy just cut it down into more storable/transportable bits... and they are still around. Most of the skin was replaced at some point anyway, but the frame would be worth having if you can get it cheap.

You never know till you ask. It's just a phone call or two at this point.

-Gary

At the very least, perhaps the guy just cut it down into more storable/transportable bits... and they are still around. Most of the skin was replaced at some point anyway, but the frame would be worth having if you can get it cheap.

You never know till you ask. It's just a phone call or two at this point.

-Gary

I would expect frame, nacelles, landing gear all that should have survived?
Weren't the nacelles metal? Rust of course being the biggie.

The Nacelles don't appear to be present in the Blue Tarp image above. I'd wager they are not a part of the equation at this point.

-Gary

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:eek

The Nacelles don't appear to be present in the Blue Tarp image above. I'd wager they are not a part of the equation at this point.

-Gary

Maybe stored somewhere else?

Could it be the yard had only the new wood?

Could someone have kept the original surviving stuff seperate and thus explain why they didn't care about what was in the yard anymore?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back