Anyone make DUNE props?

moff man

I did a search and all i saw was so old that the pics were no longer available. I would love to see some David Lynch Dune props and replicas. :love

dune_cat_spice_must_flow-475x267.jpg

i want this prop

Ive seen the knife for sale a few times. I have a stillsuit on the 'to do before I die' list. I saw a stillsuit at the West Hollywood parade back in 94 IIRC. Ill try to post what construction pics I have when I get home.

I am currently putting the final touches on my replica of the Harkonnen Sardaukar pistol and also have the knife Sting uses in the final fight in the works.

I've made a couple of replicas- 2 stillsuits, a Reverend Mother & Piter's costume.
I got to see the real costumes years ago when when they were shipped back to the states..Gorgeous stuff!
The guy I made the stillsuit for made a wormhook & weirding module to go with.
(Photos are pre-dig..I'll have to scan one of these days..:))

I have a full stillsuit costume, weirding module, crysknife and I'm planning on making a makers hook and thumper to go with it.

Rylo (a member here) made the Dukes signet ring in gold plated metal, it's really nice but sadly not something you can wear on a daily basis.

Well, that's the trick. I took the photos the old fashioned way...with 35mm.
So I'll have to dig the photos up, not even sure where to begin looking.

Well, a friend happened to have these saved from when I first posted them. He emailed them to me and here they are.

I had a seamstress do all the sewing. All I did was make some of the tubes and stuff around the neck and weathered it with an air brush. I made detailed drawings of all sides and took those to her, I was really surprised how close she got the whole thing in comparison to my renderings. I'm not sure how screen accurate it is...that is to say, I know I left out some things, and got others plain wrong, but I'm happy with it.
When I compare it to pictures of screen used suits, there seemed to be two or three different designs. My suit seems to match some details from one, and a few from another.

The weirding module and throat mic were made by someone else...I *think* it's one made by Paintbynumbers.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back