Anyone make DUNE props?

Love seeing all the love for Dune props. There seems so little production reference around for what are some of the most beautiful designs in science fiction, imo.

Another item I'd love to know more about, re; construction and reference pics is the Harkonnen helmet. I have a larger pic somewhere I snagged off a Dune forum years ago, of the helmet in the possesion of a private collector which shows some clearer details (not that it illuminated me any more though!)

Can anyone ID anything, like the gas mask type, or the latches that attach the helmet top to the lower helmet?

106_hark.jpg

I offered sterling silver Gom Jabbars about 5 years ago.

Wish I had saved one for myself...

Any chance you have a higher res version of the Gom Jabbar? Hoping to work on some metal this coming week and I have a few needles I'd like to try making one of these.

LordFett, that never even occurred to me but now you say it there really does appear to be a welding mask there. I think I just blocked out that part assuming it to be sculpted. Wood-for-the-trees-blindness! cheers, great stuff.

see thats such a great look with only lower half, cool!

LordFett - was wondering if there were some auto parts involved that might look like Diving gear? I'm thinking of rubber gaiters like:

gaiter.gif

rack-gaitors.jpg

and the joining tubes look like something under a cars hood maybe?

Certainly does look uncomfortable moff man, and impractical too, as all the best bad guy stuff generally is :D

I think it's thermo formed and 100% custom as far as the mask goes.

Looks exactly like haircell kydex.

Looking at it more now, I'm more inclined to think it is an underwater setup rather then a gas mask plus welding helmet.

Another item I'd love to know more about, re; construction and reference pics is the Harkonnen helmet.
Can anyone ID anything, like the gas mask type, or the latches that attach the helmet top to the lower helmet?

106_hark.jpg

To me it looks like the mask is an industrial dust mask. [as opposed to military] The two holders on the cheeks unscrew from the outside to change the filter cannisters.
The shoulders look like CV joint covers from a car. The hoses might be sump pump type connections.
The collar looks specially made. Helmet is based on a welding unit, but might be scratch-made.

I was into gas masks for a bit when I made my own welding/gas mask.

CompletedRight.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/pekpress/WeldingMask.html

I have been after a Crysknife for ages - seen some superb ones on here but none have come up for sale!

I'd love a good one as well, I never managed to get a GreyZon Productions one.

Well, last time I checked, the mold for the film Crysknife that I have offered in the past was still holding up OK. This is third generation - a copy of a copy of an original knife from the production:

6056206.jpg

Send me a PM for more info.

I've also been meaning to get back to and finish up the sheathed version that I was tinkering with a while ago:

357951686.jpg

I think I need to look into magnets - some test castings that I did were press-fit, and seemed to work fine... but in the interim, some shrinkage has occured and they don't fit so well anymore. So, I was thinking perhaps some magnets to hold the sheath in place might be the answer...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back