Anyone make DUNE props?

what about the thumper has anyone ever made that yet
got me craving some spice i havent seen that movie in years think a trip to blockbuster is in order
the wierding module looks tight

dune_cat_spice_must_flow-475x267.jpg

i want this prop

hahaha...classic!!!!:lol:lol

crysknife.jpg

I remember when this was selling from Profiles in History. I bid $1200 for it, yet it sold for $550. That really pissed me off.

I do have a crysknife with what was supposed to be 24k leaf on the pommel, but it looks like the JO that made it just sprayed some gold paint on it. I'll see if I can dig it up and get so pics of it.

Should have the hunter seeker wrapped up by Sunday. It's coming along great! Heavy bugger, too!

-Rylo

NOTE: Notice in the screen caps how it's two different props for the same scene...

Note the holes in the front brass behind the needle. The rod running down the sides looks like "round" stock rather than flat too...a number of little difference in these things.

Last edited:
crysknife.jpg

I bid $1200 for it, yet it sold for $550.

How the heck did that happen? :confused

In related news, RPF member D48thronin was once offering copies of a krysknife that was cast from a screen used knife.
The story was that he knew someone who went digging (literaly) around the areas where they did filming and later buried some of the props. This fellow found a krysknife but it was in pretty bad shape.
D48th borrowed it, repaired it, molded and cast copies of it. I think he only offered finished copies...and they were very lovely. I was able to get one with a gold (AlClad) pomel.

Here is a pic of an original Hunter Seeker... this is the one that sold at the PIH auction in 2006.

hunterseeker.jpg

and a little look at the Gom Jabbar. (This is from a series of slides I have that were taken during the production of several hand props.) I'll try to post more once I get them scanned.
TheGomJabbar_01_sm.jpg

If i grabbed all the frames from the beginning sequence in HD could someone here make a screensaver ?
I've always thought that would be a good screensaver :cool

Screen.jpg

That reminds me, I was thinking about making a video book like the one Paul is reading right before the "training session".

Notice the flat brass running down the side of this one...

The ones seen in Paul's chamber are round and a little more ornate. The center stays about the same.

-Rylo

Here is a pic of an original Hunter Seeker... this is the one that sold at the PIH auction in 2006.

hunterseeker.jpg

and a little look at the Gom Jabbar. (This is from a series of slides I have that were taken during the production of several hand props.) I'll try to post more once I get them scanned.
TheGomJabbar_01_sm.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back