Alien Nostromo crew watch?

That would make sense as most of the popular digital watches of the era was Casio. I know it's been identified but I can't find that very old thread.

I brought over some pics to illustrate this watch-specific thread.

imageuploadimagedf0.jpg

imageuploadimagerg0.jpg

I may be completely wrong about this. But the ancient memory core in my head says that the watches the Galactica crew wore were the same as the Nostromo watches. So pics of Galactica may help. Nearly the same time frame production wise. Worth a look.

Casio made a ton of watches during that time. A lot of them looked similar in style.

Last edited:
I may be completely wrong about this. But the ancient memory core in my head says that the watches the Galactica crew wore were the same as the Nostromo watches. So pics of Galactica may help. Nearly the same time frame production wise. Worth a look.

Casio made a ton of watches during that time. A lot of them looked similar in style.

Ohhhh, I'm sorry Mic, that is incorrect.
The Galactica watches were Compuchron digital calculator watches made by Hughes. The gold ones were worn by command, the silver by the pilots. Not cheap.
The Nostromo crew had 2 five dollar watches on the same strap. :lol

Ohhhh, I'm sorry Mic, that is incorrect.
The Galactica watches were Compuchron digital calculator watches made by Hughes. The gold ones were worn by command, the silver by the pilots. Not cheap.
The Nostromo crew had 2 five dollar watches on the same strap. :lol

Oh well....the memory fades. Or perhaps has been melted away. :lol:lol

Been searching for this watch for about a year- hard to find.

If anyone has one, then plain resin copies could be put onto the watchbands (sold on newer 'retro' digital watches).

Did some of the F-100s come with the red back piece? The only photos I've seen of the watch were only of the black case portion.

Here's what I got so far:

f1001kr4.jpg

f1002nn3.jpg

Just looking for an original band.

I'm thinking the orange backpiece is gasket/protective cover of some kind.

I've only seen one for sale with the original band, and the band was torn.

I'm willing to lend my gasket to a molding guy...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back