Repo the rock opera repo man costume

Spoox

Is anyone thinking of making this?
It looks super cool and the movie aka rock opera rocked! It was creepy and very entertaining :)
I would be interested if someone would tackle the helmet. The geneco logo is cool too and someone should do a patch run of these *hint* hehe

poster_splash_repoman_poster.jpg

I've been studying the suit... I'm REALLY tempted...

I'm also tempted to make a Pavi Largo costume, complete with interchangeable faces ;)

I LOVE this movie... I watched it twice today, once on the way too work and once on the way home (loaded it onto my iPhone)

We got it on blue ray otherwise I would have tried to take some screenshots of the suit.

I am afraid to ask but... are you going for the paris hilton face? lol

I've been studying the suit... I'm REALLY tempted...

I'm also tempted to make a Pavi Largo costume, complete with interchangeable faces ;)

I LOVE this movie... I watched it twice today, once on the way too work and once on the way home (loaded it onto my iPhone)

We got it on blue ray otherwise I would have tried to take some screenshots of the suit.

I am afraid to ask but... are you going for the paris hilton face? lol

I've got a high def digital copy on my laptop... screenshots are coming :)

I also have the bluray disc, and the soundtrack, and... addiction!

The paris face would be fun. I actually like the shocked one he has on when he hears that GeneCo will be left to the girl.

I've been really tempted to do this costume as well but I have too many irons in the fire and in the quene (sp?)

My approach to the helmet would be to make the frame out of wire for the basic shape and then reinforce it and add the material. The heavy gauge wire would be easy to work with and make it easy to scale imo.

Cheers

Saw the off topic thread first, but I might as well post this here too:

Just got the blu ray of this movie. I have to say, I loved the concept, but I found the movie a bit lacking. Not every line in a musical has to be part of a song, does it? I'd love to see this filmed as a serious, non musical sci fi flick. Dark and gritty, blade runner style.

I absolutely loved the Repo man costume. I'd love to see one done up here.

Anyways, that said, I've been working on these:
geneco.jpg

genecoround.jpg

I don't know what I'm going to do with them mind you. I just felt compelled to make them after seeing the movie.

From some of the promo shots I've been seeing, it looks like the round patch doesn't match the stand alone logo exactly. The font used for the logo is TS Ornitons Bold. TS Ornitons

Does anyone have any clear shots of the patch?

Darthzaiir, can you post pics of the costume parts you aquired so far? I would love to hear where you got them from etc. :)

JKolton, awesome job on the logos! I'd definitely be in if you plan to do a shirt and/or patch run!

TK7602, I can't wait to see the screen shots! Thank you for doing this :)
I can't wait to see what you will come up with for the faces.

Darthzaiir, can you post pics of the costume parts you aquired so far? I would love to hear where you got them from etc. :)

JKolton, awesome job on the logos! I'd definitely be in if you plan to do a shirt and/or patch run!

TK7602, I can't wait to see the screen shots! Thank you for doing this :)
I can't wait to see what you will come up with for the faces.

well i plan on using my big black trench coat, a chemical apron, still trying to find the right gloves, black pants, and i got the boots already. that is pretty much how my repoman outfit is going to look.

still need to find someone to make the patches for me and still trying to tackle the helmet, i think I'm going to use ski goggles some cardboard and leather

here's the comission I worked on for a friend of mine.
http://yfrog.com/6drepo08filmjx
(think I made the imageshack gallery correctly...)
I had him cut the pattern for me, but I sewed everything - gloves, suit, apron,etc. I also wired his mask for lights. he did the mask, patch, and added the belts.

got an email from him after we finished it:
"...don't know if I told you this before break, but I had gotten casted to be Nathan Wallace/ Repo Man for the the shadowcasting of REPO!'s showing at the Tivoli."
so to me it's a nice honor to have the costume I made be featured above other submissions :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back