Plexiglass / Acrylic / Perspex

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi.
I've been scouring the net for about a week in search of some medium blue tint 3mm and pink tint 3mm perspex/plexiglass sheet. I'm in the UK, and have tried ebay, and almost every perspex/acrylic supplier I can find.

Here's a picture of the colours I'm looking for.
Colours.jpg

If anyone can help, please post or PM me.
Thanks in advance.
Jamie

Alternate ways to source would be to try glass shops and sign suppliers. They may not have in stock but the will have sample chips from all of their suppliers.

Good luck!

I'm working in a firm which is selling/working with Plexiglass...
Perhaps we have some small pieces left. Wich size do you need?

And if it's not the right color, we have the possibility to coat transparent acrylic in whatever color you want, but that's not realy cheap.

If you find nothing near you, I can see if I find anything....

Worst case scenario you can boil the plexi in hot water and add food coloring. Thats how i have tinted my x wing visors. The longer it is in the water the deeper the shade.

Is there some way you can experiment with translucent colours sprayed over persplex,or mix the colours with a clearcoat,then spray them? How much luminousity,or clearity do you want?

Steven Webster sadly only really deals in Styrene/ Vacforming plastics.........
But yes he's brilliant. Also try 4d Modelshop, they has smaller sized sheets which might be helpful.

Hey everyone thanks for your responses.
I've already tried these guys, ebay was my first port of call and although I've managed to get some of the sheets, these blue and pink shades still elude me.

I'm waiting for a response from 4d model shop. I've bought from them before, but am just waiting for a reply to see if they have a close colour match.

As for boiling or spraying the perspex, I get the feeling it would possibly peel or scratch off. Plus would the glue react with the paint/dye and make a mess or prevent a strong bond being formed when I try to glue the sheet to something?
I would be looking for optimum transparency.

Anybody able to help out with my search.
Here's a list so far of everywhere I've tried and failed to find what I'm looking for:
  • Alrahmani.com
  • alternativeplastics.co.uk
  • bayplastics.co.uk
  • k-mac-plastics.com
  • piedmontplastics.com
  • plaskolite.com
  • plasticstockist.com
  • roberthornedirect.co.uk
  • sloanswoodshop.com
  • stephen-webster.co.uk
  • theplasticshop.co.uk
  • 4dmodelshop
There might be a couple more but so far these are the main sites I've tried.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back