Pics of The Rocketeer at The Disney Archives

confusion

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was over at the Disney Archives today and took some pics of one of their Rocketeer costumes and Rocket Packs. Sharing is caring, right?

There are s'more pics of the helmet on page 3.

Last edited:
I also saw rocket packs being used as accent lighting at the Sci-fi drive-in years ago. Very strange to see. Pretty sure they were just shells.

I guess you didnt get the memo about doors closing did you? There is a fairly decent resin kit floating around that was taken off the Disney walk around suit.

They used to have Walt's desk in there and over at the Animation building (across the street) they put some of the soft frisbees from Tron

I guess you didnt get the memo about doors closing did you? There is a fairly decent resin kit floating around that was taken off the Disney walk around suit.

Yes, If your talking about the sci-fi drive-in. It closed years ago but at least my wife and I got to see it before it went away.

Hinges on the nose cones... now that is something I've never seen before! Wonder what they used that for? To access the fan?

Great pics! Thanks for posting them... I'm assuming this is the Disney park in CA?

Hinges on the nose cones... now that is something I've never seen before! Wonder what they used that for? To access the fan?

Great pics! Thanks for posting them... I'm assuming this is the Disney park in CA?

I was surprised to see the hinge as well.

Actually, the Park is in Anaheim, the Archives are located on the studio lot in Burbank. The studio was built in late 30s.

I have s'more pics of one of the helmets as well that I'll try to post. When i got there on Thursday, they had a bunch of props from Narnia Prince Caspian movie laid out on tables.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back