My SS BSG Builds

Wombat

Well i'm sitting home after being given today off work.
Thought i'd snap some pic's of my SS build's that i've done.
Now i'm not in the same league as most of you here but i still am pretty happy how the all turned out.
I had fun building em and got to learn some new things along the way.

This was my first ever attempt of a SS build.
It's the MiM Viper.:unsure
That's about all i'll say about this one.
I think it still turned out alright,considering.

View attachment 10668 View attachment 10669 View attachment 10670

Last edited:
Cool! Any SS nu-BSG builds planned? (yes, I know it's all CGI - the Mk2 is still frakking cool)

Cheers there,
I'd like to get both the MkII and the MkVII when it is released.
I'm not actually sure if the MkII is still available?
But i'm sure by the time i've got the spare funds for one they won't be if they are infact.
I think they'd look pretty cool lined up together!:)

VERY nice mate. Thanks for sharing.......

Regards
TAZ

G'day there TAZ,
Thanks for the kind word mate.
Good ta see a fellow Aussie!:cool

Phil

Very nice builds there mate. I wonder if I could drop in sometime and have a look for myself...

Nice to see that they finally let you in here. Now, behave!:lol

Mike, Oz

Hmmm, not bad for an Aussie lol!. Just kidding, seriously mate that is top notch work you must be proud of these?. Especially love the viper on launch rail. Your painting schemes are much admired I must say!.
Regards
Stu:love

Very nice builds there mate. I wonder if I could drop in sometime and have a look for myself...

Nice to see that they finally let you in here. Now, behave!:lol

Mike, Oz

Yes they did and i'll try!!!:lol
Mate,
Thanks and i'll be catchin up with ya most likely Sunday?
It'll be another week down and only eight left.:cry

Hmmm, not bad for an Aussie lol!. Just kidding, seriously mate that is top notch work you must be proud of these?. Especially love the viper on launch rail. Your painting schemes are much admired I must say!.
Regards
Stu:love

Why thank you Stu,
Much appreciated,even from a Kiwi,mate!:cool
I'm pretty happy with them but must admit,my painting and weathering has a fair bit of a#se involved with it but,im learning and it's been some fun in the last year with these three builds.

Phil

Simply incredible! Amazing job! :thumbsup If I wasn’t already sure I wanted to get Mikes TOS Viper this would have sealed the deal. Do you have any other pics of it lighted up? I see the one in your avatar but was wondering if you had one looking straight on? Also how big is the Raider compared to the Viper?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude.
Dont sell your self short re: other builders here.

THose models are FREAKIN outstanding, and would give anything anyone here has done a run for their money.

Mark II is still available.

I know. Cause Im the one who sells them.

Mark VII will be taking orders First or second week of Feb.

I was busy over Xmas break.

Loving the Viper, thats a beautiful build with the launch rail too :eek, dont bag on yourself, thats some quality work there, with stunning paint jobs!

lee

Great job Phil! The viper pics are some great angles too, good photo's!! I'll be getting on those stands you want once we warm up just a little bit more here.....oh and get the Mark II, i have one and while i have not had a chance to build it, Frank and Moe did an AWESOME job!!!
mike

Let me say thank you ta ya's all for the kind and very encouraging words.
I really don't see them or myself being anywhere near the level i see around here.
You guys are real artist's!
But it does mean a lot getting all these good comment's on the builds.
It's good for my lack of self belief and gives me confidence that i'm heading in the right directions.
Thanks again gang!!:cool

Simply incredible! Amazing job! :thumbsup If I wasn’t already sure I wanted to get Mikes TOS Viper this would have sealed the deal. Do you have any other pics of it lighted up? I see the one in your avatar but was wondering if you had one looking straight on? Also how big is the Raider compared to the Viper?

Oh you'll love the Viper,it's one sweet kit!!:)
I'll snap a couple more pic's a little later for you of the light's and throw (OK,place) the Raider in there so you can see the size difference between the Raider and Viper.
The Viper is 1/24,while the Raider is 1/35 or there abouts.

Dude.
Dont sell your self short re: other builders here.

THose models are FREAKIN outstanding, and would give anything anyone here has done a run for their money.

Mark II is still available.

I know. Cause Im the one who sells them.

Mark VII will be taking orders First or second week of Feb.

I was busy over Xmas break.

Hey thanks,i don't really think i'm selling myself short though.
I have a long way to go before i'm at the level i'd like to be,which is a level i see a hell of a lot on this board and others.
The day i can build without making so many simple mistakes i'll feel that i'm becoming a more accomplished builder.
Like i said,i think a lot of what i achieve has a lot of ar#se in there.

Wow,you are the person that sells the MK II.:cool
Can you see it still being available when you release the Mk VII?
I'd like to get both!
Money is a lil short for the next couple of weeks but i'd be happy to send you a deposit on one if you are willing to hold one for me?

They both look fantastic from what i've seen!:cool

Loving the Viper, thats a beautiful build with the launch rail too :eek, dont bag on yourself, thats some quality work there, with stunning paint jobs!

lee

The launch rail is probably the best bit of that build,the other bit is pretty wonky.
But i guess the paint covers it up pretty good?:confused

Great job Phil! The viper pics are some great angles too, good photo's!! I'll be getting on those stands you want once we warm up just a little bit more here.....oh and get the Mark II, i have one and while i have not had a chance to build it, Frank and Moe did an AWESOME job!!!
mike

Thanks again for the great kit's you have put out,Mike.
What a difference it's been working with yours compared to that first SS attempt.
There's no comparison.
Sweet news on the stands,thats still one thing they are lacking.
The models look pretty good,my bases look pretty cr#p.:rolleyes

Excellent builds! Love the weathering on those! May I ask what techniques you used?

Sean

G'day Sean,
Well mate the first Viper was my second time at trying weathering so that sorta tell's ya i've been playing it by ear so ta speak.
I tried some on my RM viper for the first time before i tried it on the SS one.
So all the weathering techniques have been new to me.
I prefer to use acrylics for my painting although both Vipers where done in enamels.
All i did was apply an acrylic wash and then the rest is all pastels.
The paint chip's effects on first Viper i scratched the paint off after spraying and letting dry for a bit where as the second i used salt for the chip effect after reading about it not that long ago.

Thanks again everyone for the more than kind words.
Oh and again,for letting me in to play with you awesome guy's as well.:)

Thanks again for the thumbs up.
OK,heres some more pic's for ya.
The afterburner parts are just sitting in there.
I still haven't decided if i want them or not and this way i can have whichever i choose.
There's a couple of pic's of the Raider and Viper to give you an idea of size difference also.
It would be a big bugga if it was also in 1/24 scale.

View attachment 10755 View attachment 10756 View attachment 10757 View attachment 10758 View attachment 10759 View attachment 10760

Phil

Phil~ Thanks for posting the new pics and the comparison shots. While I know the Raider was bigger than the Viper I love the scale and hope Mike S has those still available when I’m ready. The lights look awesome and you’ve sealed the deal for me getting the light kit. I only hope I do as good of a job with mine as you did with yours. While you might not see yourself “anywhere near the level you see around here” You’ve inspired this newbie modeler and I’ll be using your pics as a reference for finishing mine. I love the weathering job and paint job you did. And I don’t even care you’re an Aussie lol. :lol Thanks for sharing your work!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back