Parks Obi-Wan Saber - Weathered

KramStaar

Sr Member
In December I purchased an old Parks Saber from Lord Abaddon. It was a little worse for wear but was precisely what I was after since it was destined to be converted into a weathered Obi-Wan - similar to the MR version.

This is how it turned out after being beaten around a little. I wasn't after a screen accurate prop (personally I believe the quest to create an exact replica is futile given the numerous variations used in production - especially with older props), so the goal was to create something that was aesthetically pleasing but at the same time visually, very tired...

Ewan Saber.jpg

That came out good considering what you had to work with, very close to the MR weathering.

I've never liked the look of his saber from Ep 4. I don't buy that Obi-Wan Kenobi - would let his lightsaber fall into that weathered state of disrepair over the span of 20 years. Jeeze - he was "communicating" with Qui-Gon who probably said something like: "Even after all of these years, you still son't know how to take care of it!"
God it looks like he chewed on the damn thing!
Sorry about the hijack.

Some of us are trying to replicate a bashed up prop, not as it was supposed to look taking into account movie magic.

I've never liked the look of his saber from Ep 4. I don't buy that Obi-Wan Kenobi - would let his lightsaber fall into that weathered state of disrepair over the span of 20 years. Jeeze - he was "communicating" with Qui-Gon who probably said something like: "Even after all of these years, you still son't know how to take care of it!"
God it looks like he chewed on the damn thing!
Sorry about the hijack.

His saber is supposed to be a weapon! Used and abused! :thumbsup

It's not like it's antique silverware that you never use! :lol

Don't get me wrong gang, the work that Kramstaar accomplished is terrific. Nice work!
It just always bothered me that Ben's saber looked soo bad. No other Jedi or Sith had a saber in that poor condition. Obi-Wan was lucky that it could even ignite! Did he use it to pound nails into his hut?!!

Last edited:
LOVE the weathering job you did. Looks superb. Especially the clamp. Looks like you came very close to the Chronicles photos. Great job!:thumbsup

Very nice, I go the same way myself as far as accuracy/looks go. I'd rather have it nearly accurate and put the time into making it look really good than anything else. Great weathering job.

Slight hi-jack but this is my favorite of all the sabers BECAUSE of the high weathering. It looks real, gritty, used.
Plus, if you jack it up, who'll know? :lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back