HELP! I Need a GLOVE to make a FREDDY umm...glove

TazVader

Sr Member
G'day folks,

I just lost a pre-made metal glove to customs which sucks. But as Robert England is coming here in March for a CON I think I can at least source an accurate glove to build an armature on later. I'll just ask him to kindly sign the glove lol

Anyways, I understand the gloves to be made by Wells Lamont. I am looking to do either the 1st NOES glove or the Vs. Anyone got a spare glove or two for trade or sale? It would be even better if you had two as I need another for a friend with the same idea.

Regards
Christian

G'day folks,

I just lost a pre-made metal glove to customs which sucks. But as Robert England is coming here in March for a CON I think I can at least source an accurate glove to build an armature on later. I'll just ask him to kindly sign the glove lol

Anyways, I understand the gloves to be made by Wells Lamont. I am looking to do either the 1st NOES glove or the Vs. Anyone got a spare glove or two for trade or sale? It would be even better if you had two as I need another for a friend with the same idea.

Regards
Christian

Hi Christian,

Each glove for each movie was different, heres mine:

gfhtrr.jpg

nice coffin lol I am aware they were different gloves I am asking if anyone has a glove accurate to any of the films or knows where to get one? Any one but I'd really like a NOES 1 or Frddy VS Jason glove. help MOST appreciated. Remember...I want the gloves. Not the armature or blades:)

Regards
Christian

Here you go, Taz! This is as close to the original glove as is currently produced; I saved the link because they're surprisingly difficult to find. This site has medium and large sizes:

http://www.thecollegetoolbox.com/stgllewst541.html

If I were willing to risk sending another glove through your customs, could you get a second one signed by any chance? No worries if you can't, but I figured there's no harm in asking!

Good luck with your glove project!

- Douglas

Thanks fo rthe link mate. Mmm...it was the fully made glove that was nabbed by customs. They wouldn't worry about just some work gloves lol SO I would have no problem just getting a GLOVE signed on the top of the wrist for you then you could get an armature made for it. He's chargin $30 AUD for the autographs so that's pretty cheap I guess. Free would be better though but hey! lol

My email is christianmurfet@aapt.net.au if you wanna chat about it ;)

Regards
TAZ

Interesting! That's about $20 American, not bad at all... I wonder if it's worth taking the back plate off of my glove to send you, then riveting it back on after the fact...

Thanks fo rthe link mate. Mmm...it was the fully made glove that was nabbed by customs. They wouldn't worry about just some work gloves lol SO I would have no problem just getting a GLOVE signed on the top of the wrist for you then you could get an armature made for it. He's chargin $30 AUD for the autographs so that's pretty cheap I guess. Free would be better though but hey! lol

My email is christianmurfet@aapt.net.au if you wanna chat about it ;)

Regards
TAZ

Christian, I have a newspaper clipping of the Australian Customs seizing a Freddy Glove, it reads:

Customs Officers were shocked when they opened a parcel and found this leathal Freddy Kruger-style glove stashed inside.
The officials in Melbourne, Australia were screening overseas post when their X-Ray machine picked up the glove-a replica of that used by the villain in A Nightmre On Elm Street to slash his victims.
The package had come from Britain marked "return to sender" and is thought to have ordered over the internet (no s*it) ;-)
Customs officers also seized a samurai sword and other weapons.

Last edited:
Christian, I have a newspaper clipping of the Australian Customs seizing a Freddy Glove, it reads:

Customs Officers were shocked when they opened a parcel and found this leathal Freddy Kruger-style glove stashed inside.
The officials in Melbourne, Australia were screening overseas post when their X-Ray machine picked up the glove-a replica of that used by the villain in A Nightmre On Elm Street to slash his victims.
The package had come from the Britain marked "return to sender" and is thought to have ordered over the internet (no s*it) ;-)
Customs officers also seized a samurai sword and other weapons.

Oh for ******'s sake! It's not like he tried to board an airplane with it. It was in the d**n mail! It's knives on a glove. You can buy knives and gloves in Oz, so why can they be imported too? These overseas customs laws are getting ridiculous.

Oh for ******'s sake! It's not like he tried to board an airplane with it. It was in the d**n mail! It's knives on a glove. You can buy knives and gloves in Oz, so why can they be imported too? These overseas customs laws are getting ridiculous.

Its because it makes good news headlines. Most of these gloves normally do not have a 'live' blade either, so it makes them about as dangerous as a spoon, but its the fact that the liberals out there, who think that someone is gonna pay good money for one of these, and then use it on someone....get real people, the majority of stabbings are caused by kitchen or utility knives. Ignorance rearing its ugly head again me thinks on the behalf of the press of the so called "free world" ;-) Look at our replica gun laws here in the UK now ;-(

Westie...if you wanna do that go right ahead. If it's just the glove you'll have no problems and I don't mind getting it signed for ya:)

Regards
TAZ

Doesn't he charge a fortune for his signature?

Depends on what con you're at. The con promoters usually decide what to charge, as they get a cut of the money. I believe Taz stated above that this con will be charging $30 Australian, which is about $20 American. That's about the normal price for a high profile con signing (actually it's usually about US$25). B-list actors are usually about $5 - $10.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back