Holoprojector (Jedi) from Star Wars Episode 1

modeleers

Sr Member
I made this 10 years ago, just 6 months after the 1999 Film release.
It's based on Qui-Gon Jinn's, but almost everyone seems to use this type, even Clone Troopers.
hp-front.jpg
Bottom-my design
hp-back.jpg

In Hand-to show size
HPinHand2.jpg

In 2005, I Designed & Made these Imperial HPs - for some local 501s, who wanted Extra Gear for their Troopers.
Top-sideview
IMPHPsidetop-1.jpg

IMPHPTop-1.jpg

Bottom
IMPHPBottom-1.jpg

A proud owner/note White on-switch Dome
IMPHP-Trooper.jpg

Last edited:
Thats AMAZING!!! I love the Imperial version. Are kits available

Thanx! And Yes! I'm cleaning up Both of the Masters to make new molds & castings as I type this...
Sorry No Kits - They are sold Assembled & Finish Painted (to order)

If you love the Imp version, you'll also Love the Sith HP.
Same shape - all Black!

Thanx! And Yes! I'm cleaning up Both of the Masters to make new molds & castings as I type this...
Sorry No Kits - They are sold Assembled & Finish Painted (to order)

If you love the Imp version, you'll also Love the Sith HP.
Same shape - all Black!

The sith one would look cool with a Vader

Last edited:
Thanx Guys! I posted here in appreciation of all the Great things I, myself, have seen & enjoyed - Here at RPF!
And to share with all of you my own - Craft & Creations.
I do Know that discussing the Selling of anything from a Prop Post is Not permitted!
Persons who wish to contact me, regarding Other matters,
can PM me or feel free to contact me directly by using my Eddress: panotraguis@comcast.net
Thanx again!!!

Last edited:
Thanx!
Re: how I made it - Using a matching-size shower curtain ring as a starting point, I made a mold & casting of the HP's outer-body Ring. Then it was trial & error to get the correct-looking depth of the central flat-area.
Next, I mapped the 3 cutouts for the Scarabs & the 10 linear-grooves. Everything but the 3 small scarab shapes & the rods on either side of them was shaped, sculpted & carved by hand.
The 3 Scarabs were scratch-built, utilizing a drop-tank from a 1/48th scale A-10. The 2 rods on each side were shortened gun barrels from a 1/700th scale Japanese battleship.

The 3 Tines (or Arms) were sculpted from scratch. These are a bother to cast as well! They - Do Not Move, because the Tines on the original props - Did Not - move or articulate in any manner. This is a common misunderstanding, as the only time they were ever depicted as doing so, was in one solitary pre-production conceptual-drawing. I disregard whatever SW comics have to say on the matter.

The Bottom of the original prop is rumored to be flat. This is where I decided to put My mark on the replica.
The lion's share of the shapes came from my Partz box: turbofan-blades from a 1/32nd scale Hasegawa F-86 / 2 circular-shaped partz are from Renwal's Visible V8 & the cyclops smiley-face in the very center, is a gun-frame from a 1/72 scale Ju 88.

You might like this prop too - my rpf UWR post: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=55753

Last edited:
Im loving the holoprojector! Great work.

I have one of those in my attic somewhere - Im not sure if Tiger made them or Hasbro? They lit up anyway if I remember rightly (it was now 9 years or so ago...).

One day I will clear the attic out and find it so I can use it with my clone trooper costume. If I remember rightly it was a well sized toy with a Sidious hologram figure to go with it....hmmm.

Find it I must.:love

Thanx!
You have one of mine, or you have one of the Toys that 'light up'??
I heard about those. I would like to see a pic, if you have the Toy.

I've been getting many requests for & about Both styles of my HoloProjectors, as well as numerous questions about prices.
In response to these requests, I have just placed a (minimal) Run-Order in with my Mold & Casting - Vendor.

I'm new to selling my wares, (here at RPF), so please - help me / help you!
I'm now taking Pre-Orders for my HPs, which could possibly involve a small discount,
but I will only give that discount with those who make the Extra effort to actually - Talk to me. If you contact me about Pre-Orders, I will ask that we exchange telephone numbers, ...this - will inturn, Help both of us.
You will help me with information about selling protocol & procedure (here at RPF) & in return, I give you a discount for helping me learn the ropes & rules!

Otherwise,
When I get the Casting-Order filled, I will Assemble & Paint the HPs & then,
I will post a typical advert in the RPF JunkYard, that will contain all the pertinent - details, pics & regular asking prices.

To inquire about or to place a pre-order, PM me or send an Email to my Eddress: panotraguis@comcast.net (& don't forget to include your telephone number) Thanx - Mikel / Modeleer

Does it work? I mean can Princess Leia appear on it? No just kidding but that would be sweet. Great work none the less:thumbsup

I've been getting many requests for & about Both styles of my HoloProjectors, as well as numerous questions about prices.
In response to these requests, I have just placed a (minimal) Run-Order in with my Mold & Casting - Vendor.

I'm new to selling my wares, (here at RPF), so please - help me / help you!
I'm now taking Pre-Orders for my HPs, which could possibly involve a small discount,
but I will only give that discount with those who make the Extra effort to actually - Talk to me. If you contact me about Pre-Orders, I will ask that we exchange telephone numbers, ...this - will inturn, Help both of us.
You will help me with information about selling protocol & procedure (here at RPF) & in return, I give you a discount for helping me learn the ropes & rules!

Otherwise,
When I get the Casting-Order filled, I will Assemble & Paint the HPs & then,
I will post a typical advert in the RPF JunkYard, that will contain all the pertinent - details, pics & regular asking prices.

To inquire about or to place a pre-order, PM me or send an Email to my Eddress: panotraguis@comcast.net (& don't forget to include your telephone number) Thanx - Mikel / Modeleer

I love your avatar - it makes me smile!!:) These are being cast right now,as we speak I hope?

Thanx! As of yesterday, molds boxes were being made, casting should start Monday or Tuesday. I expect to pic them up at the end of next week.
That makes me smile.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back