How do you all display your props/costumes

Just out of curiousity how do all of you show off your collection. Is your collection more for personal looks or do you like more public venues like conventions where you go around in costume.

On a side note what are your thoughts anime vs. comic vs. sci-fi vs. pop culture conventions. Which do you think has the most to show.

For helmets, I reccomend the Ikea Detolf Shelf.

For mannequins, I tend to prefer the half torso look so I get half male torso muscular chest mannequins :D

- Fitz

I always liked the way Planet Hollywood displayed their items. I also like a museum look to mine as well.

Brad

I always try and have a custom-made display case or pedestal done for my props - I too like the way Planet Hollywood does thier displays. I also try and have a framed movie poster or at least a framed photo from the movie next to the prop on display.

I ran by Belk the other day to grab some full size mannequins. Nothing fancy, just something to display a TK with when it's not begin worn. :rolleyes

I must admit that display of props is something I often neglect once I've finished. They just kinda sit on a shelf or something. Really should get around to making some stands for things.

I must admit that display of props is something I often neglect once I've finished. They just kinda sit on a shelf or something. Really should get around to making some stands for things.

Tell me about it. Not got the room at the minute but working on displaying mine properly soon, with any luck.

Display of my props/costumes is done primarily at conventions. I love going to public places fully decked out and seeing the look on kids and some adults faces.

Stick em on a shelf, stick em on a wall, throw em on the floor.:lol My prop display room is also my workshop for the time being, hopefully I can have a separate room for each. There's no way I can keep everything looking nice when all my stuff is in my busiest room. Doesn't help that I'm a slob.:rolleyes

I'd do the detolf's.

Until I get some full mannequins, I'm using dress forms for my TK and Anakin Skywalker upper costume pieces. Ikea Billy bookcases worked pretty well for the lightsabers. The Billy corner bookcase (no longer made) holds helmets nicely.

Anyone got any good recommendations for full mannequins for displaying costumes? Not ones that will break the bank but at least will have some arm bending and with a head. I also need to get some costume shoes on them too.

I live in the Los Angeles area so hopefully local pickup would be great or local delivery/shipping. Thanks!

I got a used vintage mannequine from the 60s which is of high quality for a very reasonable price, it has got removable head, bendable arms with joints, and he stands on its own without any form for platform.

The only problem is that his thighs are a bit big for the Stormtrooper armor thighs, so I currently have my Indiana Jones outfit on him, while the TK's in the transport box.

I have my collections my punisher costume is on a manniquin from Nyc display and than show cases from Ikea detolf cases

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back