Nuka-Cola (Fallout 3) Bottle replica: Ideas please!

Agent RayBans

Sr Member
Hey All,

I'm looking to make replica Nuka-Cola bottles from the video game Fallout 3, using glass Coca Cola Bottles as a base.

F3nukacola.jpg

I've already made the label in Photoshop, with the proper curve to fit the bottles correctly. I am just looking for a more proffesional way to get the label on the bottles other than sticker paper with my ink jet printer:

DSC01258.jpg

The sticker paper looks cheap, the ink bleeds, etc. Also the label area of these bottles I have are rounded, thus creating a crease in the label here and there.

I was hoping some one would have an idea for an alternative method of labeling the bottles. Would a decal work, "water sealing"? (what ever that is)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
-Hayes

I agree with Darth Brass. You did a really nice job on it, but just need to weather it! Make that puppy look like it's actually from a post-apocalyptic-world!

You could always crack open some glow sticks and pour the contents inside... Nuka-Cola Quantum would be awesome.

As far as what you were looking for, some clear acrylic would probably help protect the label as well as make it look more like a real part of the bottle... only thing I can think of short of actually heat shrinking plastic around it

What about the decal paper for model kits? You can print on it with an inkjet printer. Once it drys there is a sealant you spray on it to make the ink permenant. Then it can be used just like any other water slide decal. You can get the "decal" paper itself in white and clear. I made all the decals for my Boba Fett costume and I've used the clear type to make labels for plaques and such.

Last edited:
I dont think you should weather it. In the game, there is still life but in small populations, small enough that you can kill off an entire city, minus the kids. I think they make a constant supply of nuka-cola.

So my strong suggestion would be to leave it as it is. Maybe add some VERY SLIGHT weathering as a bottle would naturally get over time of being re-used, etc.

Last edited:
Nice. Yeah, the label will be tricky, but the real challenge will be the bottle cap. :)

Then again, you could make a small round sticker like what t_bone9600 was talking about and stick that on top of a bottle cap.

Also, the line under the logo appears to be "wavy" in the game, whereas the one you printed appears to be rather straight. If you used Photo shop to make it, you should be able to do curved lines. Bezier curves I think it's called.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I am going to try out all these ideas and see what works best. At the moment I am working on a weathered version of the label in Photoshop. I'll have a picture tomorrow.

raccoon, Nice idea with the glow sticks. I'll have to whip up some Quantom labels once I get the regular Nuca-Cola bottles out of the way

AndrewRP, yeah the caps... heh. I was thinking about that. I agree, Water slide decals would work really well for that. If I can't get my hands on any decal paper I will probably just resort to painting the caps soild red.

Also thanks for the critique on the label, but I think its just the angle of the camera pulling a dirty trick! Here's the same label, but on a different bottle:

DSC01257.jpg

The proportions in general are a bit off, but I had to make some sacrafices since the space for the label on these coke bottles is much smaller than the bottles in the game.

Again, thanks a lot guys for your ideas! I was half expecting this thread to just fade off and die unanswered!

Nice. Yeah, the label will be tricky, but the real challenge will be the bottle cap. :)

Then again, you could make a small round sticker like what t_bone9600 was talking about and stick that on top of a bottle cap.

If you go to a home brewing supplier, of which lately there seem to be at least a dozen in any fair sized city, you can find completely blank bottle caps. You could print the label using the aforementioned model decal material, attach it to the cap and spray some clear gloss over it. A "capper" to attach it to the bottle is cheap, but I'm sure you could find someone who has one, or even the store would let you use one for a couple caps. (a local one did for me) That way, you could even add a few 'bent, used caps' to the collection as well.

I am going to try out all these ideas and see what works best. At the moment I am working on a weathered version of the label in Photoshop. I'll have a picture tomorrow.

Consider doing some weathering after you print it as well. That should give you much more authentic looking results.

Again, very cool project.

Why not make one of the nuka bottles from Fallout 2 and fallout tactics.
I cant find my pictures of them that i took but they looks like this and they have raised lettering on the bottle. I my opinion these looks much cooler that the Fallout 3 version:
nukaif6.jpg

/Conny

This is the only picture I could dig up. I would have no idea how to make those bottles, honestly. Though I do agree are are pretty cool!

Chem_Nuka-Cola.png

I finished the weathered label and stuck it on a bottle. I think the weathering I did in photoshop looks better than anything I could have done by hand. I also tried spraying the "pristine" style label with some Acrylic sealer like Darth Brass suggested. I think it looks a lot better.

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

I know the bottles in the game only had the Nuka-Cola logo and no ingredients or bar codes, etc. I just like how it gives a little more realism to the bottles, like it was a real soda.

So, what do you think?

I can't read the ingredients from those pictures, what did you put in it?

From the Fallout Wiki:
"The ingredients of Nuka-Cola are Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Aspartame, Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Benzoate (To Protect Taste), Natural Flavors, Citric Acid and Caffeine. What gives it the unique flavor is the essence of seventeen different fruits mixed in just the right proportion to give the beverage its trademark taste."

Heh, and Quantum:
"In 2077, a new version called Nuka-Cola Quantum was introduced. According to the advertisements, it had twice the calories, twice the carbohydrates, twice the caffeine and twice the taste. To make it stand out more on the shelves and to give it an extra kick, the Quantum included a mild radioactive strontium isotope (and an eighteenth fruit flavor - pomegranate). The effect was a drink that not only boosted your energy, but also glowed with a bright blue light. While no ill effects were recorded by the Food and Drug Association, the isotope also caused the drinker's urine to glow."

I can't read the ingredients from those pictures, what did you put in it?

From the Fallout Wiki:
"The ingredients of Nuka-Cola are Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Aspartame, Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Benzoate (To Protect Taste), Natural Flavors, Citric Acid and Caffeine. What gives it the unique flavor is the essence of seventeen different fruits mixed in just the right proportion to give the beverage its trademark taste."

Heh, and Quantum:
"In 2077, a new version called Nuka-Cola Quantum was introduced. According to the advertisements, it had twice the calories, twice the carbohydrates, twice the caffeine and twice the taste. To make it stand out more on the shelves and to give it an extra kick, the Quantum included a mild radioactive strontium isotope (and an eighteenth fruit flavor - pomegranate). The effect was a drink that not only boosted your energy, but also glowed with a bright blue light. While no ill effects were recorded by the Food and Drug Association, the isotope also caused the drinker's urine to glow."

For the ingredients I copied n' pasted those exact words from the wiki :)
The Nutrition Facts are just ones copied from a regular Coke.

The rest of the details on the bottle read:

Consumer and Nutrition information call
1-800-867-5309

(c) 2077 The Nuka-Cola Company

Barcode: 1138-216

And then some random little technical numbers copied from a regular coke bottle.

When I do the Quantum label, like the wiki says, I am going to double all the nutrition values, the calories of course, add the isotope, a radiation disclaimer, etc.

Do any of you guys play FO3 on the PC? I could really use a nice screen shot of a bottle of Quantum.

Thanks again guys!

Mr. Fusion cola ;)

2490913833_c12240e698.jpg

2491731522_d0f0f1b762.jpg

2491731376_0552d99de7.jpg

I made this as a energy drink gift set for my brother. Xmas morning, opens the box, fog spills out, glowing bottle.

Printed on a late 90's bubble ink jet on regular printer paper. I'm a noob at best :) The text is readable on the larger pics. http://flickr.com/photos/29489125@N00/

The bottle was a Cola "Blak", a bit smaller than standard cola bottles. If you heat up the peroxide you get a more intense glow but it burns out faster :) And the water and glow stick fluid in the bottle is a lot like a lava lamp and they don't mix.

Just a note, add vaseline to glow stick fluid and you get Predator blood!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back