Stargate Atlantis costume

Dan (lostncybr) over at Stargatehero.net makes both versions of the jacket using a Dickies jacket as a base.

There are also a couple of good threads over there on making a costume.

I have one of Dan's jackets. The one I saw at a Convention looked way better then the one he ended up sending me. Crooked stiching, loose threads, jacket slightly dirty. So buyer beware.

H

Oh yeah I forgot to mention it took over 6 months and multiple emails to get the thing.

Last edited:
Aside from the jacket and trousers, the majority of everything else that you need can be purchased off the shelf. For example, the vests and holsters are from Blackhawk Industries, the BDU belt, pistol belt, boots, are also items you can buy.

Which season/character are you looking to recreate? They changed uniforms quite a few times. Luckily though the tactical gear has remained mostly the same except for a variant here and there.

For weapons, there's a couple of tutorials on building the P90s on my site SG1Props.com

Last edited:
Yeah, they have changed the uniforms twice for the 'Home' Uniforms, and twice again for the 'offworld' uniforms...but, the uniform worn by Anna Galvin in "Remanats" is a combination of the two 'home' uniforms...

The sleeves in the S1 Uniforms are just like a 'puffy' jacket, but on Anna's one, they are like the S3-S5 uniforms...the jacket front on Anna's Uniform is the same as the first season's uniforms...

JoeM posted a picture of Anna Galvin to show that SGA had not forgotten about Aussies...that is where I first saw the differences...

SS

I have one of Dan's jackets. The one I saw at a Convention looked way better then the one he ended up sending me. Crooked stiching, loose threads, jacket slightly dirty. So buyer beware.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention it took over 6 months and multiple emails to get the thing.

I'm sorry to hear that
Me and several of my friends have costumes from Dan and are quite pleased with both the quality and delivery from him.
And believe me, our costume club are detail-freaks when it comes to costumes.

It took him only 1,5 month to complete and send my season 4 Science SGA costume from USA to Belgium (Europe)
I've bought several other things and never had any complaints (actually one time it took several months, but that was because my local postal office had send the package back to him without reason :confused and Dan had to re-ship it - so he wasn't the one to blame in this case)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back