Men in Black Large Guns

Doesent seem like a huge job, and resin shouldent be a problem if a run is done, the piece is hollow, so thats a plus, I'm definetly in, awaiting the word!!!

Glad to see we're getting some more responses on this thread, I wonder if we get some casts out if anyone would get their's plated. Would be pretty cool!

Screengrabs are good for general shape questions, but there should also be a Lot of 'making of MiB' articles (with Pics) in various Cinema magazines.

Those of us who have them, might search through there collections & hit the local Copy shops for high-rez scans. Maybe RPF members with pics will lend a hand.
Or we might need to put the Call for MiB gun pics - in a New post of it's own.

Why not just ask the guy that made them. Rick is a member here and might be willing to help. Couldn't hurt to ask.

-B89! :D

Why not just ask the guy that made them. Rick is a member here and might be willing to help. Couldn't hurt to ask.

-B89! :D

Hello, I asked Rick about maybe getting some better pictures, but he said he's pretty busy with the Arc Reactors right now. He said he'd get back to me about some MIB stuff though.

Ok, dug the tribarrel out of storage. Here it is in all it's glory :) :

tribarrel01.jpg

tribarrel02.jpg

tribarrel03.jpg

tribarrel04.jpg

I am still unsure how to handle this... Input welcome.

Thomas

Here:
1079545.jpeg

1142619.jpeg

1200421.jpeg

The castings if I am correct came from the Icons castings from Sony Pictures. Icons was going to originally offer them. I had in fact paid for them, arrrrrggghhh, but the best laid plans and monies... Icons tanked before producing them.
Icons produced a catalog known as the black projects catalog for buyers to purchase things not yet available or things that would not be cough cough available for sale. I believe if memory serves me right, that the castings were one of the items offered at one point. Just to give a better understanding where the castings may have originated from.

Last edited:
Hmmm...anyone have one of these catalogs? I've never heard of it before.

So how much did you end up paying for them? Just curious what they would have cost had they been made.

I paid 1200 on the tri-barrel, was supposed to be cast and chromed like the terminator skulls were. I paid for the hero pulse rifle as well. First time I was burned buying props.

Man, 1200? I guess they couldn't refund anything after going bankrupt huh. Sucks though, those were some awesome replicas.

On completely unrelated matters, I recently talked with Rick by telephone. It turns out that he & I live with-in several miles of each other. He's a great guy & generous with his time.
We didn't even discuss the guns, other than to briefly mention this post & only by-coincidence.
Anyway, I feel that if anyone makes & offers 'repros of these guns' for sale, it should be the creator himself (Rick) or with his direct involvement. Failing to do this would result in a sub-par effort. My 2 cents.

Tripoli: My condolences - on reading that Icons greased your wallet.

Icons got me for over three grand in total. It was a learning experience.

I agree Rick would be the person to first go to in this as he really was the creator of them. I think he did note that in time he would respond, so it might have to wait a bit more for a project like this.

I think quite a few people asked if he'd even reproduce the guns, and he's said he couldn't a bunch of times. I don't really ever see him doing it in the future. The metal J2's though, that's a whole other thing :thumbsup

I think quite a few people asked if he'd even reproduce the guns, and he's said he couldn't a bunch of times. I don't really ever see him doing it in the future. The metal J2's though, that's a whole other thing :thumbsup

I agree. The big guns are cool and all, but the J2's are awesome.

I'd like to see Rick do a run of Neuralyzers! :love

Dude it's still in a box on my shelf , actually I think I never even cashed you checks until I had all of the money. So you are not out. I am a man of my word so I do plan on another run one day. It will be vacuum metalized and not painted.

Rick

I ordered one from him when he did that run a while back. I started paying on it but never finished... I wonder if he still's holding it for me...:love

Hey, anything's possible!:thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back