Men in Black Large Guns

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that it's resin with chrome plating. I never opened it far enough to look inside, scared I might ruin the thing.

Very cool! EyesOnly has a kit for sale, very very nice, I wanna pick it up but I have no clue about plating, best I can do is good paint up, but dont think I would do it justice like yours!

Rusty, Since you PMed me to inquire about Hollywoodhardwares' MiB guns,
I thought you might like to see a few guns that I scratchbuilt & painted -
a small armory of (Disney) Nautilus' UnderWaterRifles
uwr6.jpg

Man, those are pretty sweet! Nice build ups!

It sucks that the Tri-Barrel and Pulsar Blaster are scare on pics. I got some good Hi-Res screen shots of the guns before, but unfortunately I posted them on a forum that no longer exists. There were some of the rubber tri-barrel I owned too but those are long gone now as the forum has been converted to a JAWS forum, nothing against Jaws though, its a classic.

Last edited:
Thanx for the Kudos!
Here's my rpf- URW post: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=55753

Ref pics are the 'key to success' in rendering Anything. For my UWRs, I collected over 50 pics & screengrabs - Before I ever picked up a hobby knife.

In the case of MiB, there will be 5x as many pics. 20K was 50 yrs old when I began my search. Time to start hunting! Whomever ends up with this project, they will need our Help!

Gentlemen, ...Start you search-Engines!

If you like my UWR, you might like my Holoprojector too: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=55849

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time to decide which way to go. So far three people have expressed interest in tackling these beauties. But it seems there is not much interest from the crowd in getting one of these.

Modeleers, your stuff looks pretty cool!

I will soon post the promised pics.

Thomas

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I know the three of us and I'm sure countless others would love a casting of these guns. Maybe you should start an interest thread in the junkyard Thomas? I think that'd be a better way of checking the interest level. At the same time you might want to throw up some more pics (which you said you were going to do anyways) to get some good buzz going.

Even if there wasn't much interest, (which I doubt is the case, people are probably more worried about how much it would cost) Wouldn't it be better to get them out, repaired, and cast instead of collecting dust in some dark corner?

Just my 2 cents! :thumbsup

Wouldn't it be better to get them out, repaired, and cast instead of collecting dust in some dark corner?

BINGO! Rusty, Your 2 cents could Fill a pocket! If these were passionately repaired & restored, the rest may follow. Even it were only a limited run of, say, 12 each. Down the road, who can say...

Here's a couple of small pics. We used it for a prop in Metropolis for a Superman one act play of all things...

mibgun.jpg

burlywebmaster.jpg

I asked my buddy check and see if he has bigger versions of the pics, or maybe I'll drag my lazy ass out to my storage and dig it out next week...

Last edited:
Looks relatively Clean & Straight. Restoration of this would be EASY!
Does anyone have pics of the Original?
Though I'm more interested in the restoration of this piece & I do have an excellent Vendor,
who does all my casting,
...Who was the maker of this particular piece & do you have their consent to recast??

Last edited:
Man, those are NICE (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Do you have the clip to it Hollywoodhardware? Do you no longer have the end of the barrel? Its in the other pic that you posted...

Anyways, so far it seems like an easy restoration. Making a mold would be a pain because of how much silicone you'd need, but other then that it doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to do.

I say lets get these things cast! :thumbsup

To answer your question modeleers, Rick was the original maker of the props from the movie. He did a run of J2's on here a while ago, but said that he wouldn't be able to duplicate the bigs guns because of the process involved, not to mention the fact he said the molds are toast.

Getting some castings from Hollywood is our only chance really.

Help us Hollywoodhardware you're our only hope!

Thanx for the Kudos!
Here's my rpf- URW post: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=55753

Ref pics are the 'key to success' in rendering Anything. For my UWRs, I collected over 50 pics & screengrabs - Before I ever picked up a hobby knife.

In the case of MiB, there will be 5x as many pics. 20K was 50 yrs old when I began my search. Time to start hunting! Whomever ends up with this project, they will need our Help!

Gentlemen, ...Start you search-Engines!

If you like my UWR, you might like my Holoprojector too: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=55849

Yeah, I wish I could take some good screen caps. Does anyone know a free dvd player I can download that can take screencaps? I tried Windows Media Player, and even Paraben Screen Capture, but when I'd post the picture in paint it was like the movie was playing in paint...weird.

VLC Media Player is free and does screen caps. Unfortunately there is no frame by frame stepping, so sometimes it can be a pain to get the exact frame that you want captured.

http://www.videolan.org/

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back