Functional Jedi Utility Belt Pouches Prop Replicas - Project is done.

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
As usual, new year, new project. I have been thinking how to start them and finally did it. Last weekend I started to work on them. They are going to be based on solid ones with minor improvements. We will be talking about the improvements later. First is first, here you will see the initial work I did.

I did cast two pieces of each one and severed the lead from each. Later got the body severed. They will be used as a base for the mold once I re-sculpt them. Lead and body will have to fit like a glove. That's the tricky process here. But, don't want to bother you will more technical details.

Photos and explanation here:
DSC04289L.jpg

http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=201

Remember that I will be sculpting them based on the original photos. They will match the measurements of the solid ones but functional.

Last edited:
Re: Functional Jedi Utility Belt Pouches Prop Replicas

OK, as I promised, this is the second step. Once I separated the body from the lid I had to carve and sculpt them to assemble each other. Was not easy but I finally did it. They are not a perfect match yet, but they will do. Thanks the Force Dremmel exists!

DSC04319.JPG

Check here for more photos and description. Don't forget to click on each photo to see the high resolution one:

http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=203

This is a sneak preview of the models. They are just the first prototype with primmer.

DSC00766L.jpg

Detailed photos here:
http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=205

Your feedback will be welcome. Still looking for a good closure method. Velcro like the original or magnetic like the hook pouch I did in the past. What do you think guys? Don't be afraid to criticize them, as I told, feedback will be crucial before I start doing the molds.

PS: Don't forget to check the high resolution photos doing click in each photo.

I'd go magnets. After time the velcro tends to pick up lint from the sleeves and/or the glue holding it comes undone. depending on how thick the walls are that's where I'd put them using small earth magnets.

I'd go magnets. After time the velcro tends to pick up lint from the sleeves and/or the glue holding it comes undone. depending on how thick the walls are that's where I'd put them using small earth magnets.
You have a point. The earth magnets I used for the hook pouch, which are the ones displayed next...

DSC01020L.jpg

DSC01026L.jpg

DSC01016L.jpg

...are 4mm x 1.5mm tall. Smaller but stronger. So, I will be able to conceal them inside a 3mm wall or less. Thanks for your feedback. Magnetic method is winning the debate.:love

BTW, I am getting the correct hinges today. Mechanical one uses a smaller one. Small one will use the one used by the hook pouch and the comlink one will use the bigger one available from DU-BRO. I am doing a little improvement to the original model; something I noticed after check and re-check the photos. Will post photos next week for sure.

Looking good as usual Kyle. I've kept an eye on your pouches for awhile now. Makes me want to do an OWK costume just to have an excuse to buy some. :lol

I bet the Clones would appreciate something along these lines done to their belt boxes.

Thanks guys and talking about modifications...

I did a little modification to them (the pouch lid especially) to match the original ones is shape and dimension. First photos will show how they looked before I modified them. Next ones are the new prototypes. They will be the last ones unless I find another flaw. And you will also see the hinges I was able to get. Still waiting for the bigger one. Will be arriving to Argentina in about 15 days or so. Everything is falling into place. You will see the difference between them ASAP you check the photos I posted here:

DSC00894L.jpg

DSC00901L.jpg

http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=209

Soon I will be doing the molds. My intention was to do the lid hollow as the body, so I will be fixing the hinges from the outside in both parts. That will give more room at the interior of them. Some originals pouches (screen used) have solid lids and some don't. So, mechanical pouch will have two smaller hinges, the small pouch will have a medium one and the comlink will have the bigger one. Don't hesitate in contact me If you have something to say about them.

This might sound stupid, but weren't the original pouches functional, and made of leather?

Yes and no to your first question. Face characters had functional pouches. While most didn't.
And as far as I have seen the only real leather pouches are on Obi-Wan & Anakin.

This might sound stupid, but weren't the original pouches functional, and made of leather?

ONLY leather pouches made for prequels movies were the one Obi-Wan Kenobi is using at the back in ROTS (tall one):

ScreenCapture2.jpg

And Anakin Skywalker in ROTS too:

DSC03358.JPG

Rest of them, from TMP to ROTS were made of resin. Some of them were functional and some of them non-functional. Some of the functional were used on screen, promotional photos, etc.

Resin one made for AOTC:

Comlink.jpg

Hope this helps :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back