does Tamiya Putty shrink?

DarkKnight

Sr Member
ok, we all know the squadron stuff is crap, I usually use A B epoxy putty, but its hard to get it all uniform, I've seen some people using tamiya putty, is it any good?

ok, we all know the squadron stuff is crap, I usually use A B epoxy putty, but its hard to get it all uniform, I've seen some people using tamiya putty, is it any good?

Are you meaning the gray Tamiya putty or the A and B Tamiya putty ?

The first one shrinks yes, but I use to use it to fix some scratches etc... not to fill large gap.

One part putty : always shrinks
2 parts putty : most of the time no shrinkage

Tamiya putty for small pit marks and seams, great stuff...Magisculp for larger stuff, this is a two part putty, but superb stuff as you can smooth it out wet and it leaves very little sanding work once cured!

lee

Are you meaning the gray Tamiya putty or the A and B Tamiya putty ?

The first one shrinks yes, but I use to use it to fix some scratches etc... not to fill large gap.

One part putty : always shrinks
2 parts putty : most of the time no shrinkage

A B epoxy putty comes in a cardboard box with red lettering I need to find some to see the brand, I didnt know tamiya made an epoxy putty

Never used Tamiya putty.I used an epoxy bondo/filler that didn't shrink.I picked it up at Tap Palstics,don't remember the name though.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back