Watchmen: Rorschach 1:1 bust

THStudio

Hello Folks,

I've been working on this Rorschach bust from Watchmen over the past couple of days. I'm working on getting a better hat (movie look). I will be adding leather texture and fabric texture over the next few days.

RorManip25.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

RorManip21.jpg

1:1 lifesized scale. I will cast this in urethane resin in 3 pieces. The main body/torso bust, namplate or logo, base for display.

Thanks for looking,

Tyler

Ah, the featureless man!

Something about that look is so iconic, it's so timeless.

I'm tempted to get the DC Direct bust of Rorschach not so much because I like Watchmen -- it's okay -- but because it's the closest they'll probably release to the Vic Sage Question.

Old Rorschach (1985) is basically The Question (1967) recrafted for a new story anyway...

I started liking The Question after his wonderfully paranoid and conspiracy-filled rambling run on Justice League Unlimited.

P.S. -- Goes without saying that's a good start on the bust.

Giving me ideas here. I thought it'd be cool to use real cloth over this. Then I started thinking, it'd be really easy just to buy a cheapo mannequin bust and wrap some cloth around that. :) I'm also thinking it'd be pretty easy to match up the ink blots by cutting the pattern in some frisket paper, paint one side, reverse it and paint the other.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back