Help i need judge dredd helmet templates

madmax

Sr Member
As the title states ,i need judge dredd helmet templates(like the boba fett ones)so i can make the helmet from cardboard,any help would be awsome

Something along the lines of a pepakura/papercraft model could be cool I have to say... If only I could have more time I would try to do it, but right now I'm really too busy to work also on this...:unsure

After reading this thread I thought it would be an interesting project to have a go at.
I'm putting together a 3D helmet model and with a bit of tweeking could be used to output to Pepakura. If I can get some measurements from a helmet I can get it even closer.
I have a render of what I've done, how do I put pics up on here?

Last edited:
OK, lets see if this works...

JDHelmetRender.jpeg

Ohh, looks like it has. :)

ooooo nice

now a comic one !!! a comic one!!!

I was gonna try old school - was gonna use a WOF boba template and modify the heck out of it!

I have plenty of reference for you, but my domain is having problems.

For a first attempt it surely rox!

Hope to upload some good shots for you soon.

i've seen all of mav's work (i'm a member) and miricleman(is that a ozzy reference:lol:lol)keep up the good work,when u are finished will you post a link to unfold.Basically i'm swamped with stuff to do at the moment(not all prop making)and a pepakura file would help

cheers mark

The side jaw thingies need t be a tad shorter and the tip a little wider, if you knwo what I mean? Basically, take a slice of the front ends...

Great work!

Are you gonna have a hero Dredd version as well, with the extra blue line?

OK, shorten the jaw bits. I might do a hero version with the stripe and the ear holes....I might even put a helmet mic on. Oh, and put the stars on the badge, just noticed that. :confused

OK guys, its a bit of a good news bad news situation. The good news is the 3D helmet is shaping up nicely, I'll post a pic of the changes when I can. The bad news is, I exported it into Pepakura and the result was a total dogs dinner, bits everywhere. :sick
So, I'm going to have a rethink of how this object is going to be built to get the best when unfolded. Sorry for the delay getting this out but I prefer to do a good job rather than chuck out something half done.

Here's the pic...
JDV3HelmetRender.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back