BLADE RUNNER Whiskey Glass: The Bottomless Cibi

temponaut

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
1284712.jpeg

1319058.jpeg

1571341.jpeg

Cibi glass as used by Harrison Ford in Blade Runner. I wanted to display the glass with Johnnie Walker Black in it, but the whiskey has a pesky way of disappearing. (Evaporation. Yeah, that's the ticket! :p )

Fortunately, Japan has a long-established "plastic food replica" industry; practically every restaurant in the country has a display window filled with realistic models of the dishes they serve. A bit of negotiation and I was able to get my Cibi glass filled with urethane hooch. They did a much, much better job than I could have done on my own. I think they perfectly matched the color to the authentic JWB visible in the bottle behind the glass. :love

Thanks, Pilot!

Last edited:
You know I love it :)

I wonder if I could somebody around here do it for the JWB bottle I have that has the slight crack. Would in the end also be cheaper than constantly refilling it with Johnny Walker Black.

Andy

Thanks for the great comments, everybody! I'm really happy to know that the discerning group at the RPF likes the way the glass came out. :D

Wow. I actually use my glass (it's a Hero prop ;) ) but that looks really cool.
I hear ya! I've actually got two Cibis; one of them can still be used as a practical drinking glass. :love

Does anyone out there have a suggestion on mixing the correct color acrylic to do this?
Maybe some of you guy's that did the Jurassic Park Insects in Amber?
I happen to have a number of Cracked BR Whiskey Bottles that I'd like to make up as display pieces. I'd rather go that route than just throw them away.

I appreciate what you have done here Gary...though I don't think I could do that to a Cibi Glass. Maybe a couple of shot glasses like in Bryant's Office, those Cibi's run around $60 a piece man!

But truly, I have over 10 BR Whiskey Bottles with medium to large cracks in them and was thinking that, since one of my cracked bottles is going for over $500 on Ebay right now that I might be able to get something out of these bottles that are otherwise going into the trash.
I have some good clear urethane to use But I need some suggestions on tinting it...anybody?

I have 2 of these glasses and I use mine. Blade Runner is my favorite movie and I always have Johnnie Walker Black from my Cibi whenever I watch it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back