Propatorium returning to Marscon 2009 (MN prop party - March 6 - 8)

OB10

Sr Member
Well, it's that time of year again! Snow and cold weather can only mean... Marscon's coming! And Minnesota Jones and I are going to be putting on another prop display. So come one, come all! Enjoy Minnesota when it's best! You've got cool props, you know you do, and you want to show them off! And you want to see what other cool toys people have been working on, too.

Mike and I have done this for the last two years, plus we put on Propatorium at Fallcon a couple months ago. If you want some pictures from past years, try here: http://www.minnesotajones.com/Marscon_2008.htm
here: http://www.minnesotajones.com/Marscon_2007.htm
and here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24502629@N04/

So if anyone wants to see what Minnesota looks like in March, and hang out with some fellow prop geeks, this is your chance! Info and registration for the con is here, and registration prices will go up at the start of the new year. http://marscon.org/2009/index.php Register now, register often.

Last edited:
Hopefully I'll get there and actually see you this year Bob. and/or Scott for that matter. I think you two must have either passed out or were MIA when I got there late Sat night last year. Good thing Mike was around the room so I could see the display. Was quite impressive last year.

I'll be back again (feel free to scream in terror. ;) ).

Tentative list of diplay crud I'll be bringing for the propatorium:

Gears Of War Lancer
Aliens Pulse Rifle (If I get the b!^<# finished...)
Aliens Motion Tracker
Aliens USCM helmet
Space: Above and Beyond M70 Pistol replica
Space: Above and Beyond uniform.
Space: Above and Beyond paper prop collection.
Space: Above and Beyond Demo Pack (production used)
Stargate SG-1 MP5
Stargate SG-1 P90

Can't think of anything else right now. :)

Bob, you finished anything yet? ;)

Russ

I'll be back again (feel free to scream in terror. ;) ).

Tentative list of diplay crud I'll be bringing for the propatorium:

Gears Of War Lancer
Aliens Pulse Rifle (If I get the b!^<# finished...)
Aliens Motion Tracker
Aliens USCM helmet
Space: Above and Beyond M70 Pistol replica
Space: Above and Beyond uniform.
Space: Above and Beyond paper prop collection.
Space: Above and Beyond Demo Pack (production used)
Stargate SG-1 MP5
Stargate SG-1 P90

Can't think of anything else right now. :)

Bob, you finished anything yet? ;)

Russ

Ummm, in my mind I have! :lol I have some stuff on the back burners (and the smoke's getting mighty thick, I'm tellin' ya!), and I probably should bring them to the more frontish burners. I thought those 2 consecutive 4 day weekends would make me productive. Not quite the case... BUT, there's a 3 day weekend in a couple weeks!

Welll, I haven't finished anything lately. Have to prioritize and get it in gear, pronto. But the weather just kind of makes me want to park it with a nice, warm DVD.

And I hope you can make it this year, too, Paradox!

Anyone else bringing items to the propatorium?

Sporak?

Russ

every year i hope that the Constantine Lighter is finished and sent my way... but if you've followed the junkyard thread... we're still waiting... seems like i've been waiting 2-3 years for that piece...

was also hoping for that mark IX tricorder... from MR... but that one is in limbo as well...

i've sold off much of my airsoft... and have real steel ... but they aren't props... hehe

Re: Propatorium returning to Marscon 2009 (MN prop party - March 6 - 8) Temple of DoomAY!

It... has... begun! :thumbsup

Re: Propatorium returning to Marscon 2009 (MN prop party - March 6 - 8) Temple of DoomAY!

It... has... begun! :thumbsup

http://davethegrumpytech.com/prop/09_marscon

klingon rituals
DSC_0667_fs.JPG

DSC_0676_fs.JPG

DSC_0650_fs.JPG

DSC_0658_fs.JPG

DSC_0655_fs.JPG

DSC_0662_fs.JPG

DSC_0673_fs.JPG

Last edited:

Dave, I used two of your photos for my page, hope you don't mind.

Those are some great pics, guys! And you've got a pretty groovy picture site, Neo! One of these days, you'll have to stay for the whole con! :)

I wish I could have been there at one particular point.

Patron: So what's this black bird?
Mike: What's that? Uh, it's The Maltese Falcon.
Patron: Maltese Falcon? What's it from?
Mike: ...It's from The Maltese Falcon.
Patron: What's that?
Mike: It's the stuff dreams are made of. It's the thing! It's the dingus! Classic movie? Humphrey Bogart?

I'm surprised Mike didn't have a heart attack right there.

i was there and the propatorium was worth admission alone , unfortunatly i brought the wife and kids so i didn't get any night time activities in ,, we are planning on going again next year ,and the kids should be able to stay in the room , so we can check out the night life .. also i plan to bring my hero pr to the propatorium (unless rook has his finished .. one thing i wanted to see .that i didn't get to see was a endoskull , i have the hgc ,but i wanted to see the sideshow ... somebody bring one next year ..........

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back