Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark

Darth Movado

Hello folks,

I'm working on a Toht costume from the Raiders of the Lost Ark film and I was wondering if anyone knew the type of pin that was worn on the lapel and what kind of shoes he wore in the movie?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Movado

Check COW when they are up. They identified the exact pin used and I disagree about the swastika. No differant than having a bunch of Nazi costumes with Indy. It's the idealogy we are against not the costume and symbols itself though I DO respect your thoughts on the matter,though.

I used to have a copy of the pin and there are replicas of that particular one. It's a party pin with the symbol just can't quite recall which party it was. It MAY be the NSDAP pin but I'm not positive. Here's a place that carries various types.

http://www.pzg.biz/regalia_lapel_pins.htm

Damn, I've got an original NSDAP pin in a drawer around here somewhere. It is one of the many war relics my grandfather came back with.

I never realized Toht would be a good costume for that to go along with. All this time, I thought it would only be good for Oskar Schindler. :lol

I should imagine its a Gold Party Badge....Kroenen also wears one.

High ranking members of the NSDAP wore them.

Spyderdan....you might want to get someone to look at the badge you have as there are worth a bit and very collectible now. Depending on what you have!

its the nazi party bage. two versions.

the standard pin. high ranking members and a number of individuals who had been the original party members from the early days had a gold surround. I'm pretty sure schindlers list has a very nice close up view of them when liam niesen is getting ready at the beginning of the movie.

Found it!

NSDAP_pin_front.jpg

It measures 23mm in diameter, and the back is safety pin style. I'd be happy to snap a picture of the back if anybody is curious.

Dan, having another look at Toht, i think this normal membership badge is the type he is wearing, rather than a gold members badge.

Very nice original. Back should have an RZM mark and markers mark.
THanks for posting.

lewis

Dan, having another look at Toht, i think this normal membership badge is the type he is wearing, rather than a gold members badge.

Very nice original. Back should have an RZM mark and markers mark.
THanks for posting.

lewis

Indeed, it does have the RZM mark, and the makers mark is M 1/77.

Thanks man. I just located that pin on the website by bleyd for sale. $10.00 and it'll be mine.

I appreciate it folks. Now, how about those shoes!!! :) Next, I'm off to good will to find that bloody pinstripe suit.

Movado

I'd advice a little caution if you are planning on wearing this in public. That includes walking to and from a convention. I get weird looks from people in my Imperial Officer's uniform if there aren't any Stormtroopers around.

You should make sure you got an Indy around when you do.

Last edited:
Now THAT is good advice. Alot of guys in my Garrison don't like to go as Imps either without at least ONE stormtrooper. Just be sure to look up the tutorial on how to make the coat hanger as well. It's on a COW thread somewhere using plain dowels some hardware and a little paint. Very neat prop to have handy when duin that costume.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back