Rambo, First Blood costume

daska skirata

Hello there,

I will be doing this project in the hope that I will one day be on the release of Rambo V, (If the rumors of Rambo V are true) in Amsterdam.

Half a year ago, I bought Rambo 4 on DVD and that did something with me. I wanted something that I haven't wanted for almost ten years.
I wanted to be Rambo!

Then, I started with making a First Blood costume, cause it's really easy to make and not very expensive (and I don't have any muscles:p).

I decided to make a Non-Canon Rambo costume. The costume from the opening scene is a bit boring, but give it some nice things as seen in the last scenes (a knife, bandana and a M-60) and it'l be much cooler.

These are the pictures from my progress:

The M-60 that I'm making out of wood will not be so precisely cause I don't want people calling the police. But here are some pictures of the M-60:

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03076.jpg

DSC03078.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03164.jpg

The M65 jacket:
DSC03061-1.jpg

The Patch on the Jacket:
DSC03062.jpg

I still need to buy the US Army Patch.

The Dog tags:
DSC03071.jpg

The Bandana:

DSC03063.jpg

I bought the knife today, that's why I made this thread. I hope I receive it this week.

Hope you like it,

Greets, Empatojayos

If you guys want screen accuracy, I know a guy that has a complete screen accurate FB costume display. I'm sure his knowledge will be helpful.

@ Lord Plagus:
Thanks for the compliment. I found the patch on ebay. Just type in ''american flag patch''. Really easy to find!

@Feezle-nuts:
Thanks, that could be helpful! I was wondering what kind of pants, boots and belts Rambo's wearing....It'd be nice if you could tell me these things!

I received the US Army patch yesterday and I sewed it on the jacket.
Here is what it looks like now:

DSC03172.jpg

@Lord Plagus:
In case you need to know. You can find the US Army patch by typing in US army patch on ebay. Very simple.

Greets, Geert

@ Darth Plagus:
Thanks for the info. That'll help a lot!! I hope I've got enough money for the boots soon....This is really interesting.

@Feezle-Nuts:
Both of your Rambo's are amazing!!
100% accuracy or not, I like them and they're a great inspiration for me!!

I'm busy with getting information for the bulletbelts. I think my suit is nothing without them! Hoping it's not gonna be too expensive....

I thank you for the motivation my rambo-brothers!!

Greets,

Geert

I received the knife today, but I got the First Blood part 2 knife instead of the First Blood part 1 knife.

I negotiated a bit with the seller and said that or he could spend a lot money by letting me ship the knife back to him and then send the good knife to my adres, or he could give me some discount, so that I could keep both knifes.

He chose for the last one.

I hope the second knife arrives soon!

Greets, Geert

I mostly like the First Blood knife too, because of the nice green color that you also see in his vest.

I'm going to a company this afternoon that machines the barrel of the m60.

I hope to have some results this week!

Greets, Geert

Got some less good news for today....

This time I received a knife, but still not the good one so I'm hoping they'll still send the good one, without any costs for me. I'm hoping it tough.

The other bad news is that I've been to the company that makes the barrel of the m60 for me, but it was not really cheap. 60 euros in total!! That's approxematly 80 USD!
Didn't know that machining was that expensive! LOL

Greets, Geert

Geert, why are you having such a bad time with the knife? Are you going through ebay?

Thanks for asking Plagus!:cool

But no, I'm not buying on ebay. Just buying at a local sellers site in Holland.
I thought buying in my country would be much easier because buying from Amerika or so would be very complicated with the shipping costs.

But I see now that this gives me even more problems!

I told you I received the wrong knife today, but I told the seller that I only wanted the ''green rambo knife'' as seen in the picture on his advert. Now he says that he's not selling that one. A bit strange don't you think?:lol:wacko

Now, I found a cheap one on Ebay so I hope I'll win the bidding.

Greets,

Geert

Last edited:
Thanks for asking Plagus!:cool

But no, I'm not buying on ebay. Just buying at a local sellers site in Holland.
I thought buying in my country would be much easier because buying from Amerika or so would be very complicated with the shipping costs.

But I see now that this gives me even more problems!

I told you I received the wrong knife today, but I told the seller that I only wanted the ''green rambo knife'' as seen in the picture on his advert. Now he says that he's not selling that one. A bit strange don't you think?:lol:wacko

Now, I found a cheap one on Ebay so I hope I'll win the bidding.

Greets,

Geert

:confusedsounds shady bro....get a refund and move on.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back