"Screen Used" Star Trek TNG props

IndyFanChuck

Sr Member
Another members post got me to wondering. Can we start a "Screen Used" Hero and stunt and Production Made Star Trek TNG (movie AND series) photo topic.

I was trying to locate all the good Hero and Stunt and Production made photos of all the awesome props from Star Trek TNG series and movies, and I could find almost NOTHING online. :( There used to be TONS of awesome photos online.

Can we start a topic we can archive? I'd love to save these photos. So, who can share. Star Trek The Next Generation, movie and TV series, hero and stunt and production made prop photos:

Who can post photos??!!!!

:thumbsup

Let's start this thread with a bang! Pics from my personal collection (aka my personal collection of pics from my visit to the traveling Trek exhibit earlier this year :lol):

ST37.jpg

ST36.jpg

ST34.jpg

ST26.jpg

ST19.jpg

ST09.jpg

ST10.jpg

ST35.jpg

ST32.jpg

ST31.jpg

ST33.jpg

ST25.jpg

ST15.jpg

ST08.jpg

ST23.jpg

ST28.jpg

ST29.jpg

ST21.jpg

ST13.jpg

ST11.jpg

ST16.jpg

Great collection of pictures there! Thanks for sharing!

Any more pics of the prototype Tricorder, upper left hand corner? Maybe you took some more pics or maybe Karl will jump in here with some pics.... hint hint.

ST37.jpg

Thanks!!!

-Bryan

Yeah what's the deal on that prototype tricorder? :lol

Seems to have features of TMP, Trek III and TNG designs. :unsure

prototypetrichq9.jpg

How was that traveling exhibit BTW. I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

- k

Do you have any other pictures of the "Inner Light" probe?

Not my pic, but here's a much better shot of the probe:

2317437248_6c8bb46aa5.jpg

Any more pics of the prototype Tricorder, upper left hand corner?

Unfortunately that's the only pic I have of the proto tric (which I immediately kicked myself for after reviewing the pics once I got home):

ST38.jpg

How was that traveling exhibit BTW. I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

It was great to see so many props, costumes and set-pieces in one location, but overall the exhibit was a bit lackluster. Many of the prop displays were cramped and poorly lit and the overall 'feel' of the exhibit was somewhat shoddy. But to be fair, I still had a great time (probably since I'm a sucker for both Trek and props).

edit:

Just found this pic after a quick search (resized/brightened for clarity). Too bad it's nearly the same viewing angle as my pic, but at least you get a better idea of the overall shape of the body:

ST39.jpg

Last edited:
THat really does seem like a Trek 3 tricorder body, with some modifications to the fromt half (as in all the detail cut off, and the viewscreen and "control panel" built out). :confused

t3davidtric5dq3.jpg

Last edited:
THat really does seem like a Trek 3 tricorder body, with some modifications to the fromt half (as in all the detail cut off, and the viewscreen and "control panel" built out). :confused

t3davidtric5dq3.jpg

Hi Guys,
That "prototype" Tricorder was made for "Generation" and it was made as a one of a kind. They wanted a bunch of stuff to go behind Kirk's desk and that was one of many one of a kinds for that shot. The front was a Trek 3 Tricorder body and the back was a vacuum formed part with a working LCD screen for live play back. Some were I think I may still have that vac tool for the back.

HMS Mike

So apparently this exhibit is in town right now, I think I will go check out this tricorder myself... among other items... ;)

Mike, thanks for the information! It is an interesting piece for sure. Are you guys going to do a trek III tricorder for Rodd.com? I might order 2 and try to make this tricorder if the kit ever hits the market.

-Bryan

I wonder in a few years if it will be CHEAPER to have a real tricorder, that to make a fake one. LOL

Get it..... cause technology is..... because.....

anyone.....

Hey PHArchivist,

Was the "Innerlight" probe hanging on it's side when you took that photo? In the previous photo it looks like it was mounted correctly but it yours it looks like its hanging sideways. Thanks for posting.

Hey PHArchivist,

Was the "Innerlight" probe hanging on it's side when you took that photo? In the previous photo it looks like it was mounted correctly but it yours it looks like its hanging sideways. Thanks for posting.

Nah man, I just rotated the image. Check the cables it's hanging by.

I've been wanting to get a nice TNG tricorder replica for a long time. But they are so expensive. Roddenberry sells the kits for $250 to $300. And thats without the electronics. Not any people sell electronics for tricorder these days.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back