My bloody valentine costume

daska skirata

Hey there...

I was wondering if someone knew what type of miners helmet the killer from ''My bloody valentine'' is wearing?
I've been searching on Ebay for a while but I can't find anything.

I'd also like to know what kind of gas mask he is wearing. I think it's a Mark VII British gas mask, but I think that one from the poster and from te movie are different.

Please help me!!

and a nice christmas everybody!!

Greets, Empatojayos

I indeed mean the remake. Sorry I forgot to mention that!

@TK-1085, thanks for the info. Must be really cool that the remake is filmed in your town!!

Greets,

Empatojayos

Thanks Howlrunner.

I didn't come that far!! On the site you send to me was a clear picture of the gas mask AND the helmet.

The strange thing about the gas mask is that the one on the posters is different then the one on the screenshots. That makes it difficult to choose what gas mask I need to buy (If I'm seriously going to do this costume)

Thanks everybody!!

They probably did the posters before final costumes were done for the killer.

Yea it was pretty neat, they basically worked my scedule for the most part so I wasn't able to go to set too often, but I got to see a good bit of the equipment while running errands. They lost one whole reel of film and had to re-shoot an entire sequence that tied town up for a day, but these guys were a lot friendlier and more professional than the crew that did Mothman Prophecies a few years back here.

I found the following link on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KOEHLER-WHEAT-M...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

This is almost exactly the helmet with lamp that I'm searching for, I realized the helmet is not for sale....Only the lamp.

Does anyone know where I can find the helmet itself?? It looks like the one on the link.

What do you guys think about buying a normal safety helmet that does look like the mining helmet and paint it black? It could be much cheaper.

Greets, Geert

My buddy owns the screen used one Ill ask him,...ive inspected it first hand and dont recall it saying anything. Here is my buddy in the HERO outfit, everything is screenused including the pick ax. The only thing that is a replica is the gloves. We couldnt obtain then from the studio.

Please do not post these anywhere else

2qly1b5.jpg

1zgaycz.jpg

wvy6np.jpg

15g5tnr.jpg

And here is one with the one and only......John Landis
34462ph.jpg

Thanks - those are awesome shots. :):thumbsup

If anyone else is interested, I found out that the gas mask is a slightly modified Russian GP-7V gas mask (available quite cheaply):

!BTWY7WQB2k~$(KGrHgoOKicEjlLmZB)tBKH-wjk4-w~~_12.JPG

Still don't know where to get the correct hose for the gas mask, but haven't started the search yet really.

The helmet is a MSA COMFO CAP (pretty rare) with a KOEHLER WHEAT LIGHT and BATTERIE (even more rare and expensive).

I bought the same mask a while ago for about 12 euro's on ebay.

It took a moment to realize how to solve the problem with the tube connections, but I removed the rings from the connectors and simply changed them with eachother and i removed the rubber parts on the inside so that I could breath properly. If you don't, this mask is gonna kill you.

You then only need to buy some breathing tubes on ebay. (the ones they usually sell (the long, black ones). They are easy to connect.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back