Large USS Voyager Cut-a-Way

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Although the lighting is not good and he renamed the ship, we are both happy as to how this turned out:

uss1.jpg

It is 2 feet by 6 feet and is framed by combining two 24" x 36" frames.

-Sean

Last edited:
WOW. One of my grail props (art for my living room) - My favorite trek series - if I can ever figure out a way to afford it I want to do the same (except with the Voyager name.):thumbsup
Just Awesome.

I need one of those Cpt. Proton posters as well - fess-up - where did ya get that?

Nice Enterprise plaque as well, i need one of those for Voyager - always seem to miss the auctions.:unsure

The buyer wanted the ship to have his (last) name. As for the Cpt. Proton poster, I think they were offered through the ST Communicator magazine some time back.

- Sean

A nice prints.. I hope its cool if I can give a few tips.

1. The frame..If I was you, I would try to get one large clear plex. You can see a ling in the middle of the graphic. (It Takes way from your work)

2.) I have done a few backlits, and I did the same mistake that is in this graphics. I would leave some black space around the graphic. The graphiclooks boxed in..Trust me I did that for a backlit and was not happy, I had to get it redone.. I would double the space around the graphic.

3.) I would thicken the line around the ship.

4.) colors.. I am not sure if its the photo, but some of the colors seem off. I did this msd of the prototype of Voyager and used a print By Rick S to match up the colors.
VoyagerProFinal.jpg

Again A nice print. :D

Thanks for the kind words Joe. :)

The final pic is what the buyer sent to me. I agree - a better frame/plexi is needed.

I know what you mean by boxed in, but unless the buyer wants to pay extra, I'd rather let them choose.

The colors do seem off in the pic, but I think they are pretty spot on in person. Don't you just love how flashes wash out pics? :lol

- Sean

A nice prints.. I hope its cool if I can give a few tips.

1. The frame..If I was you, I would try to get one large clear plex. You can see a ling in the middle of the graphic. (It Takes way from your work)

2.) I have done a few backlits, and I did the same mistake that is in this graphics. I would leave some black space around the graphic. The graphiclooks boxed in..Trust me I did that for a backlit and was not happy, I had to get it redone.. I would double the space around the graphic.

3.) I would thicken the line around the ship.

4.) colors.. I am not sure if its the photo, but some of the colors seem off. I did this msd of the prototype of Voyager and used a print By Rick S to match up the colors.

Again A nice print. :D

Personally i would have changed the Registration if i had changed the name, its the first thing i looked for and the first thing fans will pick up; no denying it is an excellent piece of work though, where do i get one?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back