Large Scale Boeing 747

PHArchivist

Master Member
Hey all...

I obtained a very nice 1/100 747 kit off ebay. Very nice size at 28" long.

So my question is this:

Were it YOU, what 747-based movie would you represent with the model?

Some I've been thinking of:
--Airforce One
--Executive Decision
--Terminal Velocity
--Airport '75

Also if any of you have finished 747 kits, I'd love to see them.

The Trans American from "Airplane" would be awesome, but it looks like it's a 707.

[image]http://home.rochester.rr.com/jaypics/PDVD_026.jpg[/image]
[image]http://baeksi.com.ne.kr/airplane/big/images/C8U-707.jpg[/image]

-Jay

There's also Air Force One as depicted in Independence Day.

But I guess if you're going to do an Air Force One, it might as well be from Air Force One. That way, your build-up will be the title character. :p

This is the plane I work and fly on. The first picture is an actual pic of a real world klaxon on Sept 11th, 2001.

The plane used in Airplane was actually a model of a Boeing 720. The predessor to the 707.

I say go for the plane from the most popular film. Probably "Airport 75'"

Dont forget to make a maquette of George Kennedy in the pilot's seat. :D

DS

Wow. Cool pics of Airforce One. :thumbsup

If you got the old Entex kit, I would build it with vintage United markings like on the box cover. I bought this kit as a kid, it was my pride and joy. The red/orange/blue United markings made for one of the nicest 747 color schemes I've ever seen. IMO :)

I almost bid on this kit, would love to get another one. Plus all the other Doyusha 1/100 jets to go with it. ;)

Originally posted by Treadwell@Apr 12 2006, 02:42 AM
Moonraker? Airplane? I don't remember if those were 747s.
[snapback]1224749[/snapback]​

Good call Tread... The plane in the opening of Moonraker was a 747. But I don't have a 1/100 scale shuttlle kit... :(

Originally posted by Darth Detroit@Apr 12 2006, 04:56 AM
This is the plane I work and fly on. The first picture is an actual pic of a real world klaxon on Sept 11th, 2001. 
[snapback]1224827[/snapback]​

Cool pics, Darth Detroit. Did you hear of the big dust up this week over the AF1plans and security details that someone found posted on an AF website? It took two days to get them taken down. Yikes.

Originally posted by PHArchivist+Apr 12 2006, 09:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ Apr 12 2006, 09:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Treadwell
@Apr 12 2006, 02:42 AM
Moonraker? Airplane? I don't remember if those were 747s.
[snapback]1224749[/snapback]​

Good call Tread... The plane in the opening of Moonraker was a 747. But I don't have a 1/100 scale shuttlle kit... :(
[snapback]1225421[/snapback]​
[/b]

Umm... well... Tamiya's Shuttle is 1/100... just sayin'... :)

Air Force One all the way. It's the symbol that the whole world recognizes as the thing that most says America, no matter where it goes. Jack Valente said "There are two places that the power of the Presidency shines the most. One is the White House and the other is Air Force One."

I have a 747 kit in 1/144 scale and I've already got a ton of photos off the web of AF1 so, I have ANOTHER project to do..........someday. :D

Do the airforce one from Superman , detail it with a blown up port engine and a superman miniature holding the plane up. :) That's how I would do it.

That is a kick ass idea :thumbsup

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Apr 15 2006, 08:32 PM
Do the airforce one from Superman , detail it with a blown up port engine and a superman miniature holding the plane up.  :)  That's how I would do it.
[snapback]1227146[/snapback]​

Cool pics, Darth Detroit. Did you hear of the big dust up this week over the AF1plans and security details that someone found posted on an AF website? It took two days to get them taken down. Yikes.
[snapback]1227086[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, I heard something like that. it happens. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back