Polar Express Ticket image

Many thanks guys, i have to correct the size ratios of the main borders as they are incorrect, each side differes in widt of lines and overall dimentions.

I am also looking for the original "paisley" type image thats behind it all along with the correct perspective picture of the train, the reason is i will make a straight version of the ticket. This will have no foil shadows as the original has, also i can leave all the layers open for editing and colour, contrast variations etc.

The process for these is a pain in the ass i have to say, first print, leave to dry, score and then cut and apply the adhesive transfer film and then fold and squgee down while pulling the second adhesive shield paper away. once finished you trim to size and i have got to say thats easier than it sounds as once bonded together cutting it is like cutting a sheet of thin brass!! Also stamping "BELIEVE" in the foil is a no-no, it is possible but it is not easy and it just does not look right.

I will edit the ticket further tonight and post the results, thanks for the comments.

I will edit the ticket further tonight and post the results, thanks for the comments.

any progress? :)

i found the cooper lite and script font, but am at a loss for the capitol letters T P and E as they don't quite match, did you just do it by hand or is there another script font that i'm not seeing?

Last edited:
Apologies for not posting sooner!!.

Ok the T, P and E had to be sized by myself, this took a while as i had to get the font and the inner stroke right, this resulted in pretty much all the font parts being seperated. I am still working on the border as when folded the border on the one side is not a match for the other, so i am creating a new border that is equal in dimentions all round no matter how its folded.

As soon as i have that finished i will try a test print on some stock card and see if that is correct.

I should have the results on the forum within the next few days.

I will put up a picture of the ticket once it is correct along with some of the other santa related items i make this time of year.

thanks

Well I am working on the border today, I have used solidworks software to make the border as a dxf, I use it all the time and this way I can get a perfect symetrical border and then re-size the image to fit.

I do have illustrator here and i could do the border in that, however I really do not like using it as i can acheve the same thing in solidworks in mere seconds compared to messing with illustrator. With importing the dxf border in and then saving it down as a vector image i can then do what i want with it.

Still no luck on the background image, although i do have a few close matches, I am beginning to think that it was a custom image.

As for getting some of these out, it may be possible , however the folding and application of the transfer film takes me about 10-15 mins per with the trimming and cutting out. Doin a large amount of these will take time. I would also have to get them to the states to one person to then re distribute as individual mail outs would be costly.

Also I am a new member here and as such an unknown quantity and I feel I need to become more established before i even went down the "bulk" route.

I am sure the Admins and Moderators here would agree with me on this, The only other option is to put my related files online and I am not really sure about this, simply because there are too many people out there willing to rip the wrk off and sell them on as has happened with other members "id badges" and "patches" etc as i have seen in some of the threads.

However if one of the members in the States is willing to distribute them on to others who want them then i will try and get some done this week and then sent out by the weekend.

More pics to follow tonight, sorry for the delay.

Every year I get a few people asking for this at this time. So popping it up here on the board for those who want to to pull and make their own copies. Here is an ultra large high def file to use. I find printing it on a heavy weight paper or using Hallmark's gold foil wrapping paper to make great replicas of these tickets. For those with kids, its a great little prop to hand them while watching the movie.

Click to see full sized version:

View attachment 40206

thanks for sharing! printed this on gold polyester paper bought online called GAP from texascraft.com

That image is AMAZING!!! Would anyone mind posting their edited, black and white (or whatever color works best), easy-to-print-on-gold-foil-paper-and-make-it look-good-image for those of us (me) who are photoshop challenged? My party is December 19, 2012, and I'd like to be able to make these to give to the guests. Thank you!

Hello, thank you for the image. I have created a PNG image which is better for printing (on gold foil paper).
Had really good results with it, i've only done the front as this is the only part I needed).

polar ticket image for printing.jpg

Polar_Express_Ticket.jpeg

This is one of the better back images I found on Google images. Didn't really find a super high rez one.

One might note that the ticket number is 1225, as in December 25.

I know I'm late to the party but does anyone have a link to the polar express ticket, the link posted no longer works. Thanks

I know I'm late to the party but does anyone have a link to the polar express ticket, the link posted no longer works. Thanks

Here is the best resolution I could find (2851 x 2266 pixels).

Does anyone know, where this image is from? Is this the actual prop that was used for the movie CGI?

polar-express-ticket.jpg

I keep forgetting to print one of these myself. I have a little foil left from previous Wonka runs.

No where in the movie do they show the ticket straight on like that.....there's no way to confirm an "original" unless you made it yourself.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back