Polar Express Ticket image

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Every year I get a few people asking for this at this time. So popping it up here on the board for those who want to to pull and make their own copies. Here is an ultra large high def file to use. I find printing it on a heavy weight paper or using Hallmark's gold foil wrapping paper to make great replicas of these tickets. For those with kids, its a great little prop to hand them while watching the movie.

Click to see full sized version:

View attachment 40206

I believe you were the one who helped me out last year re the Ticket. Many thanks indeed, I have it framed on my wall:thumbsup People keep asking me what it is and it's a great conversation piece.

Thanks again
Malc.

Thanks for posting this (and for emailing it to me). My little guy LOVES "Choo Choo coming" as he calls it (Polar Express).

Might be a fun tradition to watch this every year and have a new ticket for the kids (punch a new expression in every year).

Thanks again!!

Edit...and idea how to print it? As is..on both sides...the second side would have to be tunred upside down to have the opposite images printed..but then the reverse side is upside down. I just checked the movie and the top on one side is the top on the other...so if you flip it along the end (short side) the top would stay at the to on both sides. SO to print this properly (2 at once?) the revers side shoudl be the opposite image (train at top, "round trip" side at the bottom). Any easier ideas?

Last edited:
I edited the file and upended it to print on the backside of the original ticket. Takes a little practice to do it right but after a few tries, generally I could get it aligned right. Any graphic program that you can crop and cut the image in two should work. Some edited it side to side and folded it down to seal the two sides together. But I like to just print on both sides when possible.

If you separate it and past, make a template box in Publisher. Print the first side of the ticket. Reverse the sheet and add in the second side into publisher on the template and print again. This is one of the simpler ways of getting it aligned right to the opposite side you printed.

Last edited:
Sounds like I can do that...I just have windows paintbrush tho. It should work.

Unless any photoshoppers feel like whipping up a reverse side version?? ;)

I just had to tell you I printed up a few of these and put one on the christmas tree while our 2 year old was napping. Within a minute of being awake he saw it on the tree and started yelling, "Ticket! Ticket!!" We went and grabbed it from the tree and he would not put it down.

Obviously he has seen the Polar Express a few times..he LOVES trains.

Thanks again for posting this and making my son's day!

I used Gimp to switch the images so if you print on one side (I printed using paintbrush (landscape) and scaled to fit in 1 x 1 pages. The 2 tickets then seem to come out about the right size. Then if you print my backside image on the same page (refeed it into printer other side up).

Here is my backside image. Thank again Tripoli for posting this!

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pef1tw4.jpg

Clap clap clap!

Thanks for sharing. it's a nice early Christmas present!

My kids are gonna dig this!

superstevegif.gif

where can i find Hallmark gold foil wrapping paper to print out my ticket?

I gave one of the ones I made a mist with metallic gold spray paint. It really added that gold shimmer..but lost a lot of the detail. I am about to try a pair with the paper (thicker card stock type) pre-sprayed with a light coat of metallic gold paint.

Edit..

Nah..inkjet printer wouldn't print..image was WAY too light to see. AH well..worth a shot. I guess the printer needs paper to draw the ink into it...barrier of gold paint stopped that is my guess.

Last edited:
I ended up with a compromise...just did a very light mist with metallic gold paint after they were printed (on a cardstock type paper). Kind of leaves a metallic look..although a bit sparkly instead of smooth, but it's not too bad.

Hey Bear..Alexander's pub still there by the beach? I used to love that place!

Is it okay to share this with my Santa Claus group? Some of those guys will flip out for it. It'd be nice having real Santas using your ticket.
Laffo.

Yup, Alexanders is still pumping out the tipsy swimmers:lol

I ended up with a compromise...just did a very light mist with metallic gold paint after they were printed (on a cardstock type paper). Kind of leaves a metallic look..although a bit sparkly instead of smooth, but it's not too bad.

Hey Bear..Alexander's pub still there by the beach? I used to love that place!

I just popped in my DVD for the annual viewing, and thought the ticket would make a great prop. Checked RPF and, low and behold it's already here.

Anyone have success in making this? How'd it turn out? I read some of the posts and there was a mention of using gold spray paint.

Yep..I have one left from last year I plan on giving my older son when we watch it Cgristmas Eve.

We used a card stock and a mist of gold for some metallic efefct. They turned out good, but really should be some kind of metallic foil to be moive accurate.

I'll have to make more next year. My son likes to crumple them up to duplicate the scene where it becomes a snowball..they don't recover from that!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back