Polar Express Ticket image

I printed mine out the first year you posted these, thanks avian for sharing! I punched out "believe" on mine as well. I'll see if I can post pics of mine.

-B89! :D

Wow, thanks - my 2 kids (9 and 5) were watching The Polar Express this morning with a friend, they nearly pee'd their pants with exitement when I came in with 3 tickets...

Put me in the good books with the missus also!!

Just reviving this thread for the time of year and to see if anyone could possibly do a run of gold foil printed tickets? I'd love to get a proper looking one this year. My son is 4 now and still LOVES this movie!

I hope this isn't as hard to have printed as the Wonka Ticket. I couldn't find anyone for the life of me to print on double sided gold foil paper.

As much as I really would love to have one, I think I'll skip trying to print this. I feel like I would somehow screw up printing it on gold foil.

I think the trick is to remove the gold "color" from the ticket image, so you only print the details onto the gold foil. Easy for someone with Photoshop experience; difficult for schmucks such as myself...

Well I got some "antique" yellowish paper as a start..printed images on both sides then took them home and gave they a quick spray with gold paint. It worked ok, but I had it printed wrong so I had the same image on both sides of the ticket (that became wrapping paper). :)

I had a few sheet of the paper left so I sprayed them with gold paint, then brought them into work..set them in the black & white laser printer at work and printed. I am very happy with the results!! The picture does not do it justice but they are metallic, shiny and the detail of the image shows well. Perfect!!!

well i thought i had better join up after lurking around for some time. Also to say thanks to the original poster for the ticket images.

The images were great however the fonts were a little faint when printed onto foil. So i spent the evening re-doing the fonts on the ticket and removing the colouration inside them. It too a while to find the correct fonts for the ticket and then a while to resize each letter to precisely fit and then modify the strokes for each layer.

By leaving the insides of the lettering white, the foil shows through in all its glory on the inner lettering.

My kids are going to have a field day when they get these along with a red and white striped gift box with a sliegh bell inside! as per the film.

here are a few pictures of the first ticket, the ticket sides were joined in the middle using photoshop, I then printed the ticket to foil and left to dry for 15 mins. After it had dried i scored a centre bend line in the foil. I then took some double sided transfer adhesive film and applied it to one side, then carefully so as not to get any air bubbles i rolled the other side down and it bonded together. The result is a ticket that feels like thin floppy metal rather than foil or paper, it is hard to explain but it is really amazing to see in person as it reflects everything and shimmers.

I need to trim some of the font joins from the main "polar express" however for a first print i like it!

enjoy!.

glitter:
100_5300.jpg

reflections:
100_5304.jpg

100_5298.jpg

100_5268.jpg

100_5281.jpg

100_5267.jpg

100_5295.jpg

100_5291.jpg

holy schmokes!! looks fantastic! any chance of getting your .psd? or are you doing a run? or a link for the double sided transfer adhesive film?

great website btw... thanks for the inspiration

Last edited:
Happy to help with the original image. Uncle Buck, incredible job on the printed ticket. I have been using a heavier weight textured paper myself as getting the foil is tough to do. Hats off to all those who have made their kids happy with this project. :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back