wolverine claws template

BigJoe88

i searched a few of the topics and didnt come up with much, and well i was wondering if anyone had a template for a movie style claws i could use, which i will be making in steel.

I have been working on a wooden set, and I have some pretty good plans, if you can wait until next week, I will share everything I have with you.

It's all based off a screen used single claw a friend of mine bought! I keep thinking I might just buy it from him and direct cast it. Who knows! I haven't decided! LOL

well absolutely i appreciate it, I think i could manage to wait a week, especially with finals and all about. But any way it would be a big help and thank you. Cant wait to see how yours are looking :)

If anything turns up i'd be very interested.i have a aluminium set and i'm gonna try and scan a claw,(time permitting) these were bought from evilbay a few years back so not sure if there100% accurate

I have a template I found a few years ago (jpg) that I have made a few sets from. I cannot say how accurate it is, but I did redraw it in CAD so if anyone wants either PM me your email address.

I just don't want to post it since I did not create the original JPG.

I would be interested in this template as well. I am currently working on a set of balsa wood claws but now would need a more accurate size. The one single claw that I have created from wood is a good size but seems too long. My intention is to create the claws from balsa wood, sand them, and find some sort of hardening material to dip them. Resand, primer, and paint with silver.

If I could only figure out what source to use to harden said claws?

A good length is just a bit shorter than from inner elbow bend to wrist, as that is the storing area for the blades when not in use, with spring and tendons and the activation system taking into account as well.

People who make model planes should know of ways to strengthen the wood. From what I've read - and I'm by no means knowledgeable about it - the wood is sanded smooth and then when the final shape is achieved it is dipped in wood glue or starch of some kind. I'm sure others can be more specific on what to use.

are these for the movie version claws? I would like a set of any of the comic version, early 80s style or vs Hulk..

anyone do this?

This thread has been dead for well over a year but i thought id reopen as im now in need of the templates. Does anyone have a link to the tamplates? If so could you post here as opposed to IM. So everyone can access them? Thank you to any responses.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back