Windlass Studios Mark II Iron Helmet (Big Pictures)

nightwing58

Hey all, finally got in the mail today the Windlass Studios Mark II Iron Helmet. Figured I'd share pics of what it looks like since the only difference between this one and the Mark III should be color scheme and not alot of rivets. The box it came in was nice, pretty small compared to say the MR Clone Trooper helmet, there was no styrofoam packaging at all, just some triangular boxes inside to keep it stationary. Once you see the pics you'll notice that yea you could possibly wear it but you wouldn't be able to because they flattened out the sides so even with my head and I wear a size 7 hate I could barely squeeze my head into it. It looks pretty nice but I would have liked to have had the option of being able to light the eys up from the inside, now i'll have to figre a way to do it myself. Well enjoy the pics.

Last edited:
Pics too big!!!

Resize!!!!

What is up with the spacing between the chin and the mouth opening?

Brad

Sorry about picture quality, where I am at I don't have alot of good lighting so i had the bathroom as the only good place and wasn't sure if having the pics taken far away would help show off what it really looks like. I truly don't think they ever planned on anyone being able to wear these, because if they had they wouldn't have made the helmet so narrow. Isn't it to be shaped like a head where the sides are rounded out like the real helmet from the movie?

Last edited:
Sorry about picture quality, where I am at I don't have alot of good lighting so i had the bathroom as the only good place and wasn't sure if having the pics taken far away would help show off what it really looks like. I truly don't think they ever planned on anyone being able to wear these, because if they had they wouldn't have made the helmet so narrow. Isn't it to be shaped like a head where the sides are rounded out like the real helmet from the movie?

When the camera is too close and if your camera lens isn't wide (e.g. approx. 1" or less for consumer digital cameras) you're going to have a very serious fish-eye effect, and the distance prohibits you from picking up any lateral details. You have to stand back at least 6 feet to minimize the effects of perspective distortion.

The image, left, is how it should appear.

windlass.jpg

However, that all depends on Windlass actually making it accurately. We won't know until we have some better photos. Right off, the eyebrows look wrong on the Windlass.

This isn't 6 foot distance but it's a little farther back.

ironmanmark2_helmet2.jpg

The eyes look wrong and the mouth looks bent on this one. Not made to the same level of precision as Stan Winston's team.

Well let me say that the helmet looks like that up close as it does 6 ft away then, cause nothing distance wise is gona fix it being that narrow, and the helmet looks about as same as the one I saw a couple of days ago on ebay after they got theirs in the mail.

Could you at least try to rephotograph it? The camera is one lens. The human eye has 2 eyeballs and will perceive more lateral detail than a consumer grade camera lens. Help us ascertain if this is a quality control issue with the manufacturer.

Here are more pics, again can only get so far away with the size of the bathroom and a 3x zoom digi cam. I was about 4 ft away taking these pics.

Last edited:
Having received mine a couple of days ago and seeing it in person I would say the pictures do it justice ... I was extreamly dissatisfied to say the least ... all I can say is I was lucky enough to be able to turn around and sell it before word spread how bad it is.

Wow. That is baaaaad.

The sculpts I've seen here on the forum are 1000 times better than that. Tell me you didn't pay money for that. :sick

I'm very disappointed with that. I preordered it with Sideshow, I wondered why it was taking them so long to post photos on their site. My finger's hovering over the 'cancel' button.
Can you get a few shots in natural daylight? I'd like to see a closeup of the mouth to see what's going on there.
I see there's no lenses in the eyeholes either; that's really bad.

My finger's hovering over the 'cancel' button.

for god sake HIT the button before your stuck with it.:sick:eek:sick

sorry there is nothing, not one bit of that helmet that looks good, infact it looks like an indian street vendor has bashed it out of some scrap car parts in bombay or whatever its called now:rolleyes

no offense to indian street vendors:thumbsup

:ninja

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back