Archery Equipment from Rambo: First Blood Part II

Here is a replica I made of the explosive arrows.
Ed-209

RamboII_Razorbak5Broadhead-Rep-17.jpg

Those are razorbak4's and the case/packaging they came in... They just have a paint job...

Actually, they are Razorbak 5's with their protective covers on the broadheads...and yes, that was the case they came in. A good paint job and you're set to go.
Ed-209

So the next logical question for those that have these bows is, 'have you guys actually used them?'

How do they feel? Is the resistance adjustable?

Also, did you try shooting the arrows with the protective sheath on them? If so, does that extra weight visibly affect the performance of the arrow?

There was a company called Barnett in Bilston, West Midlands, UK who were known world wide for crossbows and compound bows.

My father in law worked at the company & he assembled a Barnet commando crossbow that was used in one of the James Bond films.

Also, did you try shooting the arrows with the protective sheath on them? If so, does that extra weight visibly affect the performance of the arrow?

Yes, to a big degree... It's also not so much the weight but the aerodynamics...

Shooting arrows like that would have unpredictable flight paths and much shorter range... At least with the plastic sheath on them...

If it was a solid explosive tip like it was supposed to be in the movie, the flight path would be more predictable, but the range would be severely limited...

If you want to search Google see if you can find some slow motion videos of arrows leaving the bow... It's amazing as they wiggle like noodles, putting that much additional weight on the front plays havoc with the whole physics of it...

Yes, to a big degree... It's also not so much the weight but the aerodynamics...

Shooting arrows like that would have unpredictable flight paths and much shorter range... At least with the plastic sheath on them...

If it was a solid explosive tip like it was supposed to be in the movie, the flight path would be more predictable, but the range would be severely limited...

If you want to search Google see if you can find some slow motion videos of arrows leaving the bow... It's amazing as they wiggle like noodles, putting that much additional weight on the front plays havoc with the whole physics of it...

Hi Guys,
Sorry to dredge up an old post, but would like to share my Blood 2/R3 bow display with you. Yep I know the fixed quiver wasnt used in Blood 2, but it was soley for the dispaly.

http://rambomania.proboards76.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=185

If they are no longer in production, then there may be a small market for resin copies.

Would be easy enough to mold and cast, and pulled casts shoule be relatively cheap (what - $10, or so?)...

Anyone who has one should consider this.

Here's one I don't think I've ever seen discussed on the RPF. Ever since I was a kid, one of my all-time favorite pieces of gear in moviedom were Stallone's bow and arrows in Rambo II.

I absolutely loved the bow itself as well as the bomb-tipped flights. Were these all custom-made for the film or were they sourced from existing gear? I am not an archery expert, so I will defer to others on this prop's background. I would LOVE to have a mounted set of Rambo archery gear up on a wall in my media room.

Here's one of my all-time favorite movie shots, along with Stallone donating one of the bows to Planet Hollywood. Sorry for the large pic, but since I'm hoping we can break down origins/source, figured it would help to see as much as we can.

790_19_large.jpg

PM Send to you!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back